Centos 8 xfs + quota = user quote not showing

Hi there

I have a fairly new vm installation with 6.12 installed. Everything is working well except that user quota usage is not showing in virtual server -> Edit users. Quota enforcement seems to apply correctly, at least at the virtual server level.

The server is using XFS for its filesystem.

Check configuration seems to indicate correct for quotas:

Webmin -> system -> disk quotas seem to indicate that quotas are active

But when going to virtual server -> edit users it just shows ‘unlimited’ for quotas used for all users except the virtual server user itself:

Edit Virtual server shows:

Any ideas on this?

Thanks, Robby

Hoping someone can assist here - any ideas?

Perchance have you moved /home/username to any other path or mounted a drive there? I see this behaviour in Virtualmin when I attempt to expand storage by adding block / object storage.

HI @calport

No, there have been no changes to the original volume layout since the installation. /home is just a folder in the root vol … which has quotas assigned (as is listed as a screenshot in my original post.

Thanks, Robby

I have made a post also XFS also CentOS but version 7.

In my case mulitple errors

Failed to find mount point for /home/xyzdomain

and auto detection not finding quotas enabled but Webmin / System / Disk Quotas working.

In my case /home was original install mount but this because /

It’s seems quite complicated to troubleshoot XFS and quotas as the part that is struggling is the Virtualmin software understanding where they are.

I don’t use XFS but I always thought its quotas are best enabled before installing a control panel.

Can’t promise this will help but I think it’s worth trying.

Edit /etc/default/grub and on the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX= line add the following at the end inside the quote marks:

rootflags=usrquota,grpquota

Backup your grub config and recompile it:

cp /boot/grub2/grub.cfg /boot/grub2/grub.cfg.old
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

For an EFI system copy and compile this way instead:

cp /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg.old
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/centos/grub.cfg

Reboot the server.

I’m not sure if it’s necessary, but running the configuration check in Virtualmin couldn’t hurt.

Any improvements?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.