Centos 7 mariadb 10.x

Operating system: Centos
OS version: CentOS Linux 7.8.2003

Hello, i have a server with CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 and mariadb 10.2.34 (with mariadb repo), last week mariad was updated in 10.2.35 and i have this issue

on some website i have problem with mysql and error
Malformed communication packet in …

so for now i downgrade mariadb to 10.2.34 and now works all fine, but to prevent this i wouldn’t use mariadb repo.
with a search a found

so, can i unistall mariadb (mariadb repo) and install rh-mariadb103 rh-mariadb103-mariadb-server-utils?

i try on a test server and work prefect on shell but virtualmin does not recognize rh-mariadb103

can i use (even a clean server and already in use) rh-mariadb103 , to prevent a bug?

thank you

nobody else have this problem?

anyway virtualmin doesn’t support mariadb with software collections?
i found virtualmin use software collections for PHP 7.2…

thank you

According to this chart you can continue using a Mariadb repo to install up to version 10.5 on CentOS 7. If it’s not working out for some reason SCL’s repo should work. Normally, if a repository is for a specific OS release its packages will install to expected locations.

SCL PHP packages shouldn’t be a problem either. If you can’t get to a PHP version new enough look into Remi’s repo.

ok thank you for reply.

my fear is bugged release of mariadb.
i like centos becuase use “old” software but relaly stable…
in this case i can’t use mariadb 5.5.65 (centos base) and scl use a different location…
now i’m able to set correct location for rh-mariadb103 but i’m in staging …

my goal is use standard repo (5.5.65) , but is a specific project that require mariadb 10.x…

i will write here my next results…

thank you

If you need new software, use a new distribution. CentOS 8 is fine.

But, you can, of course, also switch to an SCL version of mariadb. You just need to make sure you appropriately configure Webmin to use it in the MySQL module configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.