catchall email forwarding account

Hello,

I have just installed virtualmin & I must say its really nice and fast.
I can’t find a way how to create a email forwarding account with catchall.

like i want to have catchall email account which will be forward to other email on other server.

Thanks

hi, have look at email aliases.

Hello,
thanks for reply, yes in in email aliases i can create email forwarder but how to make that email forwarder catch all also ?

I think it’s one or the other. Remember this is for email accounts that don’t typically exist.

Hello,
so i can’t have catch all email forwarder ?

Erm, I think you’ll find that a catch all will catch all unknown email addresses but I’m not 100% sure. I haven’t gone too far in that (yet) as I’m still setting my server up, but that’s how I understand how a catch all works; you specify a single email address and any unknown (unregistered) emails on that domain will all go to the catch all address.

Hi,

I managed to do this pretty simply. In Virtualmin > Edit Users > Username > Email Settings > Additional email addresses, I added @mydomain.com, without a username before the @, as an additional address. Now, whenever someone sends an email to whatevercrazyaddressnomatterwhat@mydomain.com, it goes to the email account of the user I set this up under.