can't receive mail

Hi,

I have latest virtualmin on Debian 5.0

I can send mail fine from the server using smtp auth but when someone sends to me it fails.

I have a domain.com with mainusername@domain.com. That works well.

If I create another FTP user for example abc@domain.com with user abc.mainusername and I send mail to him then it bounces back and I get the following in the mail.log:
Jul 7 09:09:02 secure postfix/smtp[8216]: 47CAA474A1D: to=abc.mainusername@com, orig_to=abc@domain.com, relay=none, delay=0.11, delays=0.1/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.4, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=com type=A: Host not found)

So the question is why does it try to send to the abc.mainusername@com local user? Where did it append the @com from? How do I fix?

Please help.

Howdy,

Well, an FTP user wouldn’t necessarily have an email account – you’d need to make sure you’re creating an email user, or an FTP user with the email feature enabled.

The “Website access FTP Users” can’t have email, due to the way that particular account works.

However, just to make sure there’s no system problem – you may want to take a look at System Settings -> Re-Check Config, and make sure it doesn’t see any problems.

-Eric