Cant reach webmin / virtualmin after I manually renewed SSL certificates

SYSTEM INFORMATION
**OS type and version:Ubuntu 18.04REQUIRED
**Webmin version:latest REQUIRED
**Virtualmin version:latest REQUIRED
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Hi!
I cant no longer reach webmin/virtualmin.
I can reach the domains without problem, I can reach the server via SSH but I cant reach the webmin. For some reasom the ssl did not update during night but I have done that via certbot ssh. What can be wrong? the server has run without any problem for the last year

It may be that the webmin service has stopped and needs restarting. Whenever this happens to me (usually because I’m out of memory) I SSH and use:

service webmin restart

that’s for CentOS, I’m not sure about Ubuntu but this may work:

/etc/webmin/restart

There’s also info in this post about restarting webmin:
https://forum.virtualmin.com/t/re-starting-webmin-failed-failed-to-restart-webmin-server/111647/2?u=simon1066

Hi!
I tested that but no help. I have a suspicion that webmin have the old ssl key and now then I changed it via ssh because it was expired It will not work. And I have no clue how to fix it

If you are using Cloudflare, then check my reply on this thread and the solution on this thread.

TLDR: Cloudflare blocks port 10000 (Webmin/Virtualmin) and port 20000 (Usermin).

Well I use Cloudflare but has never used port 10000. I always change port directly for security reasons.

If the custom port that you are using is not present in the following list, then you’ll have to bypass the Cloudflare proxy as shown in the other two threads linked above.

HTTP ports supported by Cloudflare:

HTTPS ports supported by Cloudflare:

Source: Identifying network ports compatible with Cloudflare's proxy – Cloudflare Help Center

1 Like

Well I have 2 vps with the same provider. Both use Cloudflare and both has the same port used for webmin. Both has been working flawless the last year. The second one still do. Only difference is that the ssl cert did not get automatically renewed for some reason and I renewed it via ssh. Then the webmin was no longer reachable.

@Havouza fix your issues in a first place, manage your own dns stuff within virtualmin (easier then manually within couldflare) or learn how dns works… I think your issues are within coudlfaler and you can close this topic. it have nothing to do whatsoever with virtualmin or webmin… you barking on wrong tree here mate.

…cloudflare = cloudfaler - I like this name much better :smiley:

Who is barking?? I ask for help in a virtualmin support forum. If you have problems with cloudflare does not mean that I have it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.