Can't delete with webmin file manager

Hi, I get the following error when trying to delete a file:

> Error: 500 - Perl execution failed – Can't locate File/Path.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/libexec/webmin/authentic-theme/extensions/file-manager/delete.cgi line 12. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted

OS => Centos 7

You’re missing the File::Path module. It’s a core Perl module, so it should always be available. But, I seem to recall CentOS broke their perl package, and so a bunch of core modules are no longer core modules. So you need to install it (Virtualmin installer does this for you, but Webmin installation can’t). It’s probably perl-File-Path.

This is correct! At the same time there was a bug on authentic-theme/extensions/file-manager/delete.cgi file, where lib path was omitted, and local File::Path was never loaded. Theme specifically ships File::Path module for these cases. The recent RHEL based systems have a tendency factoring out basic Perl modules out of core dependency.

Hi, I switched to theme “Gray Framed Theme”, I successfully deleted some files.
So, I think something is missing in the authentic theme.
How can I fix that? If you have explicit commands/ or guidlines, it will be nice.
I want to avoid reinstalling webmin, virtualmin and usermin as I made a lot of configs.
PS : I installed webmin, virtualmin and usermin. All the 3 components are already installed on my VPS.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.