Can't create a new virtual server.

For some reason I can’t create a new virtual server… I get this error.

Failed to create virtual server : DBI connect failed : Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Also when webmin tries to update to the newest version it says Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) also.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Sounds like the incorrect MySQL password is listed in there for the admin user.

Try running System Settings -> Re-Check Config, and have it run through and make sure things look correct… and if not, you may need to correct them.

-Eric

My root mysql user has no password, every time i try to log in to mysql via command line and change the password it says access denied for user ‘’@localhost like I’m not using a username. I try to change it from the virtualmin interface and the same result happens.

Can I please get some help :slight_smile: Thanks.

in webmin-servers-mysql database server and then click in the right screen at the top on module config.
do you see: Administration login Automatic
Administration password Don’t change Set to?

what if you changed Administration Login from automatic to root and then set a password?

My root username has no password… that’s the problem. I dont know how to give my root username a password either.
I tried what you said and it didn’t work. always said failed to connect with username pass.