Can't change Host default domain (LEMP)

OS: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.2, Webmin: 1.973, Virtualmin: 6.16

I can’t seem to change the Host default domain in Virtualmin (LEMP).

What I did:

• Select the domain I want.
  • Went to Server Configuration > Website Options > Default website for IP address? > Chose "Yes"
  • Save

But

1. Virtual Server summary still shows the old domain as the Host Default Domain and going to any domain that is pointed to the server ip but doesn’t match a virtual server redirects to the old domain.

2. However, the IP Address is redirecting to the new domain now.

How do I change the Host Default Domain and redirect domains that do not have a virtual server (not just the ip address) to the default host?

RESOLVED:

Ok so I managed to changed the Host Default Domain by:

• going to Webmin > Servers > Nginx Webserver, click the domain I want as the default and choose “Yes” under Default host?.
  • I then went back, click the old host default host domain, and choose “No” under Default host?.
  • Restart Nginx.

The Server Configuration > Website Options > Default website for IP address? > Choose “Yes” > Save approach doesn’t seem to be working in the LEMP stack version of Virtualmin apparently.

P.S. The Virtual Server Summary page still shows the old domain as the Host Default Domain though. Possible bug with the LEMP stack version of Virtualmin maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.