Cannot send mail from Virtualmin domains

I am unable to send mail from any user on my new server running Virtualmin. (Ubuntu 10.04LTS). I am able to receive mails on these domains.

I have the same result if I use an email client or sending mail messages from the command-line.

The message I receive in /var/log/mail.log is consistent:

Nov 12 20:43:18 host1 postfix/qmgr[6696]: 0C3602094A: from=xxx@mydomain.com, size=358, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 12 20:43:18 host1 postfix/error[6727]: 0C3602094A: to=yyy@anotherdomain.com, relay=none, delay=0.3, delays=0.2/0.01/0/0.09, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (prodigi.ch)

I have run a number of external DNS checks, and checked my RDNS entries and they all appear to be clean.

This is a new dedicated server in a datacenter - there was in issue with the IP address initially with one blacklist, but that has apparently been cleared up. I am not sure if this has any influence, but I doubt it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy,

In the case above, is the “to” domain located on your server?

There isn’t much of an error message there… however, one thing I’d suggest checking is to look at your hostname by running the command “hostname”… and then verify that your hostname is listed both in /etc/hosts, as well as on the mydestination line of /etc/postfix/main.cf.

-Eric

In the case above, I am able to send mail to mail accounts on my local server, but unable to send to remote accounts.

I have verified that the hostname is listed in /etc/hosts and is in the mydestination line of /etc/postfix/main.cf

I also can’t really see what the error message might be in your log, aside from the “bounced” status.

One way to get more information might be to turn on Postfix’s debug logging. To do so, go to Webmin’s Postfix module, icon Debugging features. There you enter 0.0.0.0/0 in the list of networks, and 2 for the logging level.

Then try to reproduce the problem you had, and /var/log/mail.log should contain a lot more data then. Please post that here, but enclose it in tags, otherwise it’s very hard to read.