Cannot Connect any server via IMAP

Thunderbird is also failing

Check mail log file here; Thunderbird is even passing the username empty.

Would you know if there be any patch in Virtualmin that I’m missing? I’m surprised this is happening in a fresh new installation and I have to tweak the system to accomplish something.

Do you have greylisting enabled?

systemctl status milter-greylist

Richard

Indeed:

[centos@host ~]$ sudo systemctl status milter-greylist
● milter-greylist.service - Grey listing filter for sendmail
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/milter-greylist.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-12-24 15:10:23 PST; 1h 11min ago
Main PID: 771 (milter-greylist)
Tasks: 4 (limit: 4773)
Memory: 2.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/milter-greylist.service
└─771 /usr/sbin/milter-greylist -D

Dec 24 16:00:22 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:00:46 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:11:11 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:11:35 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:11:59 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:12:23 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:12:48 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:15:51 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:16:06 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port
Dec 24 16:16:21 host.domain.tld milter-greylist[771]: smfi_getsymval failed for {daemon_port}, using default smtp port

I don’t know how to fix that, but maybe disable it since it’s throwing an error anyway. I’d then restart both Postfix and Dovecot.

No idea why the user field is blank when using T-Bird. That’s another new one on me.

Richard

Check this out:

Richard

Hi @RJM_Web_Design, thanks and I hope you had a nice Christmas celebration.
I read that article and still have “empty” user; what I found interesting is that the inbox.imap file has user=* with the admin password for that domain and removing the file will not generate it again.

@RJM_Web_Design, this is the /etc/usermin/mailbox/config; do you see anything abnormal on it?

edit_from=0
mail_system=1
html_base64=0
view_images=1
top_buttons=1
mail_file=mbox
no_mailer=0
from_map=/etc/postfix/virtual
perpage=20
wrap_width=80
no_crlf=0
mail_style=0
folder_virts=virt,comp
pop3_ssl=0
pop_locks=1
show_to=0
noindex_hostname=1
folder_types=local,ext,pop3,imap
shortindex=0
smtp_ssl=0
view_html=2
mail_dir_qmail=Maildir
no_orig_ip=1
nologout=1
sendmail_path=/usr/lib/sendmail
spam_report=
spam_always=0
server_attach=0
mail_dir=/var/spool/mail
from_format=1
mail_qmail=
send_mode=localhost
pop3_server=localhost

Hello Alberto,

I hope you had a nice Christmas celebration. My family decided to pretty much cancel everything this year, which was fine with me as it saved me eight hours of driving. So I streamed videos.

I have never seen that file before, mainly because I never had reason to. I don’t know whether it has anything to do with your problem, but I’m inclined to think not. It looks like settings strictly for Usermin.

For whatever it’s worth, mine is

mail_system=1
shortindex=0
from_map=/etc/postfix/virtual
mail_file=mbox
pop3_ssl=0
noindex_hostname=1
mail_dir=/var/spool/mail
show_to=0
spam_always=0
pop_locks=1
pop3_server=localhost
folder_virts=virt,comp
mail_style=0
sendmail_path=/usr/lib/sendmail
top_buttons=1
edit_from=0
mail_qmail=
mail_dir_qmail=Maildir
server_attach=0
no_crlf=0
send_mode=localhost
perpage=20
folder_types=local,ext,pop3,imap
view_html=2
spam_report=
wrap_width=80
from_format=1
smtp_ssl=0
view_images=1
html_base64=0
no_mailer=0
nologout=1
no_orig_ip=1

Usermin does work using those settings, but I’d be lying if I said I knew what most of them were for.

Have you tried Telnet and openssl connections to the mail server?

Richard

Thanks @RJM_Web_Design,
It’s good you’re enjoying your holidays, during this awkward time.
Unfortunately, after 3 weeks, I’ve given up on V_I_R_T_U_A_L_M_I_N; too much troubles and low progress. I moved all servers to CentOS WebPanel and all of them are working great, including emails, with proper connection from Outlook and Thunderbird.
Thanks for your assistance anyway and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you, as well. Sorry we couldn’t make it happen.

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.