can Webmin logins give clients email account setup options?

Hi folks, just getting the hang of creating logins for web-clients. Seems that “usemin” is the webmail login and “webmin” is the client control panel for their domain. My webmin is configured to my server’s port 10001; usemin is port 20000.

I note when I try a client’s domain login, they have very few choices - and no choice to set up and admin their own email accounts. Is this a feature I can turn on somewhere? ( I checked the WEBMIN USERS > click user > AVAILABLE WEBMIN MODULE); tried toggling on and off a few that looked like they might support email, but no luck. )

Right now, my client’s WEBMIN login allows CHANGE LANGUAGE/TIME, USEMIN, CHANGE PASSWORD, AWSTATS, MySQL SERVER, SPAM ASSASSIN, WEBALIZER, FILE MGR & PROTECTED WEB DIR’s.

I’m trying to give clients a reasonable set of controls, comparable to what Cpanel might offer, etc. Even the MySQL panel doesn’t allow new database creation … and how would they create a DB user, say, for example, if they wanted to install a shopping cart or WordPress?

thanks for any references or links that might help me configure Webmin…

Gary

Howdy,

What is it you have installed there… is it Webmin, or did you actually install Virtualmin?

Installing Virtualmin using the install.sh script would offer you an environment that contains a number of hosting features… whereas, it sounds like you’re only seeing a handful of Webmin features.

One way to view what a domain owner should see is available at the demo here:

https://www.virtualmin.com/demo

Take a peek at that – does that look different than what you’re seeing?

-Eric

And just to be very clear: Usermin is a webmail client. It is not an administrative tool. Your users would use Usermin for checking mail, not for administering websites or anything else.

If you want users to be able to perform administrative stuff (create websites, manage email addresses, manage databases, etc.) they’ll have to have a Webmin account. The easiest/best/sanest way to do that in a web hosting environment is to use Virtualmin (a module of Webmin), which compares directly to cPanel or Plesk (though it is more powerful and flexible in most regards). And the easiest/best/sanest way to install it is to use the install script we provide. That process is documented on the Download page.

In short, if you want something like cPanel, you need Virtualmin, too. And your website owners will login to the same Webmin UI that you do, they’ll just have more limited access. You probably also want to read the Virtualmin for cPanel Users guide.