Can we assign IPv6 to outgoing emails

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 1.994
Virtualmin version 7.1

I want to assign IPv6 to the email server, So all emails are sent using the IPv6 address, is that possible.

Please check your OS almost EOL.
So better to install newer OS and then do all that work for IPv6.

UPGRADE MIGRATE and so on take care of good backups, and read in changelogs about diffs php, mariadb between main versions before doing a upgrade migrate.

I also think if your hostname has ip’s ( which is the mailserver mostly) you should start there to learn about adding ipv6

As long as IPv6 is configured correctly on the server, Postfix will in most cases prioritize v6 traffic over v4, provided of course that the receiving MX has a v6 record.

1 Like

Ofcourse you need the DNS mx record pointing for you server and maildomains has that ipv6 set correct.

Don’t find any settings to configure IPv6 for the email server. Pls, check the attachment.
Then

how we can configure that.

When you save this page, do you have correspondent lines added to /etc/postfix/master.cf file which contain actual IPv6 address?

I started configuring IPv6 which worked really well, but unfortunately if your PTR reverse records are not set up you’ll quickly run into rejections all over the internet, especially places like Google.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.