OS type and version CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 1.997
Usermin version 1.852
Virtualmin version 7.1
Theme version 19.97
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

PLEASE HELP I am not a coding person… need some help please
Just did some updates and both Apache and Dovecot IMAP / POP3 Server
are off - For Apache - I clicked the small green triangle a few times to start on the dashboard but it just keeps saying loading … in the stats history

PHP Versions Installed are: 5.6.40, 7.2.24

Hope this can be sorted out asap
Thanks
ASM
Apache and Dovecot wont start

Recheck Configuration in virtualmin.

Also recheck Apache config… By terminal…see what your problem is in output

@ASM2,

If email is not working, your first place to look for issues is found in either /var/log/mail.log (Debian/Ubuntu based), or /var/log/maillog (RedHat based)

Check what the log says right after you attempt to restart one or more of the services (Dovecot and/or Postfix)

This just a basic troubleshooting step, however most mail based issues can be discovered this way so it’s a great starting point.

*** Professional, Affordable Tech Support https://tpnassist.com ***
*** Note: I’m actively providing volunteer services to my local community over the coming weeks, so please be patient if you have or are planning to request my professional support services in the coming days and weeks. ***

Thanks for the help Stefan but all this does is tell me some SSL’s are not updated - does not restart Apache

Hi unborn
I did that and have a copy but really I’m not a coding person can you see and tell me what you think may be a problem and how to resolve it?

@staffselection could you help please?
I have a copy of the Apache config files
and am not a coding person
Since the last updates Apache and Dovecot are not starting
PLEASE HELP

Thanks
Regards
ASM

SSL maybe expired, can you go to Lets Encrypt and renew.

this is probably the problem. expired/wrong ssl certs could fail these services. from virtualmin check main domains certs and update just like @stefan1959 points out.
you could also run a
apache2ctl -t
and paste the error.

Hi Stefan
this is what i got … now what? please explain step by step if you can … (but preferably no coding…)
Thanks
ASM

Hi Dimistrist
Thaks for your help
I am not a coding person - so where exactly do I go and put this apache2ctl -t
in webmin / virtualmin
I can then copy the result
Please let me know
Thanks
ASM

go to “lets encrypt” tab in ssl settings, and issue a new certificate for domains/subdomains you want…
this certificate there is expired since 2020, and very very old. there have been some Lets Encrypt changes since, and you can’t use it anymore. so issue a new certificate and domain issues should be fixed.
if this domain is the main domain for virtualmin/server, you should also use it as default services certificate.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.