Bulk Migration from Plesk 9 resp. Reseller Migration?

Hi there,

I want to get rid of an old box w. SuSe and PLESK and replace it w. Virtualmin on a fresh Debain.
After trying and playing, I believe I understood, that the Migration Plesk -> Virtualmin is only possible domain by domain?

Is there any way to migrate the 400+ domains on one of the resellers accounts from that box to VM in one sitting?
Can’t VM connect to Plesk ‘live’ so no backup has to be made before/in order to do the migration?

Cheers,
Hans

(P.S. Yes, I did use the search-funktion and no, I couldn’t find anything that would answer the above question :).

Howdy,

You can definitely migrate them all at once – you’re right, having to do those individually would take quite some time :slight_smile:

You’d need to start with the backup files (there isn’t a live migration).

If you put all the backup files into a given directory on your Virtualmin server, you can go into Add Servers -> Migrate Virtual Server, and in the “Source backup file” field, specify the directory that all the backup files are in.

With that, Virtualmin will attempt to use all the backup files in that directory as part of the migration.

-Eric

Cheers Eric!

But I would still have to do like 400 individual backups first, right? :frowning:
No way to make VM interpret that one single reseller-backup, that actually contains the 400 webs?

Hans

Hrm. I guess I’m not overly familiar with using Plesk for backups.

Are you sure there isn’t a way to tell Plesk to backup all the domains for this particular reseller as separate files?

If there isn’t one, we might be able to talk to Jamie to see what he suggests…

-Eric

well, basically it is about migration, but a Plesk->Virtualmin Migration seems to need a backup.

No, there is no option to do sep. backups for each domain/account/client/virtual server. They all go in one huge file.

Would be very much appreciated if Jamie could take a look into that, cheers!

Hans

Okay, before I bug him, I want to get a bit more info – what happens when you attempt to import the large Plesk backup file in Virtualmin? Do you get an error of some sort?

Thanks!

-Eric

Eric,

root@altair:~# virtualmin migrate-domain --source /root/backup___100marketers.com_vhost_1112230101.tgz --type plesk9
Validating migration file …
… validation failed : Not a complete Plesk 8 backup file - missing XML file

root@altair:~# virtualmin migrate-domain --source /root/backup___100marketers.com_vhost_1112230101.tgz --type plesk9
Validating migration file …
… validation failed : Not a complete Plesk 8 backup file - missing XML file