bug? the virtual server not work

in the 3.90.gpl virtualmin, if create virtual sites you can see in the select list ; near there is an arrow (green on the virtualmin framed theme; if you click here in the right frame don’t appear the virtual hosts.
in the test if I remember work only in a fresh installation and when you create the first site, but after with more sites not work more

Howdy,

Virtualmin 3.90 is a bit older – I’d suggest upgrading to the most recent version, 3.94, as it contains a lot of bug fixes and additional features.

However, the green arrow you’re referring to isn’t normally something you’d need to use, unless your web browser doesn’t support javascript… all it does is make the selection in the drop-down list active in the left frame.

To display anything in the right frame, you’d need to click one of the links, such as “Edit Virtual Server”.

In most browsers, any domains you select in the drop-down list are made active automatically, using javascript. But if javascript is disabled, or you’re using a browser that doesn’t support it, you may need to click that green arrow.

-Eric

update is simple?is possible directly by virtualmin?
but if I click in the arrow I not have in the right frame the list of all sites created ?
in the right big frame is more easy see and manage the sites (for who that have many sites and where a select list isn’t comfortable)

update is simple?is possible directly by virtualmin?

That depends on how you installed Virtualmin… if you installed using the install.sh, then you only need to perform a “yum update” or “apt-get upgrade” in order to perform an update.

That is, updates are performed just using the distribution’s normal means of package updates.

in the right big frame is more easy see and manage the sites (for who that have many sites and where a select list isn’t comfortable)

Hmm, I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking… but I don’t believe what you’re describing is a bug.

I’ll offer that there is a way to get a list of the Virtual Servers into the right frame… you can do that by clicking the “List Virtual Servers” link at the bottom of the left frame.

-Eric

for update virtualmin I found this steps, but not work:

On the Upgrade Webmin page, click the Update modules tab.
Select Only show which modules would be updated checkbox.
and see that Virtualmin is non-core Webmin module,
check the Update non-core modules as well option to include Virtualmin in any updates.

Start Update Modules.

but I have msg:
No Webmin updates for this version.

strange because virtualmin is 3.90 and last is 3.94
(perhaps is necessary insert in “Update from other sources” a specific site? by default is set on www.webmin.com; I tested www.virtualmin.com but have error)

why not work ?

regards yum upgrade considering that I not want upgrade all, does this steps:
yum list install for to see the installed packages and found this :

virtualmin-bleed-release.noarch 1.0-1.rhel installed

wbm-virtual-server.noarch 3.90.gpl-2 installed

wbt-virtual-server-theme.noarch 2:8.2-1 installed

webmin.noarch 1.600-1 installed

seeing that I would like upgrade only virtualmin I think is so:

yum install wbm-virtual-server.noarch

is correct?

Well, can you clarify what Linux distro/version you are using, as well as how you installed Virtualmin?

-Eric

centos 5.8

I does so
upload on server under /root
from http://download.webmin.com/download/virtualmin/
1)
wbm-virtual-server-3.95.gpl-1.noarch.rpm
2)
wbt-virtual-server-theme-8.6-1.noarch.rpm

go in the folder /root and by consolle
1-
rpm -Uvh wbm-virtual-server-3.95.gpl-1.noarch.rpm
and /etc/init.d/webmin restart
2-
rpm -Uvh wbt-virtual-server-theme-8.6-1.noarch.rpm
and /etc/init.d/webmin restart

and seem all ok;

clarification
in centos is there a folder where insert the .rpm?
I does restart every install , is necessary?
this is an upgrade but is generally preferable reinstall all, so is necessary remove previous installation?