BIND DNS Server uninstalled - chroot issue on 1.999-x update

The fix for this issue would be as simple as running the following command over-writing existing Webmin Bind module config file:

cp /usr/libexec/webmin/bind8/config-CentOS-Linux-6.0-7.0 /etc/webmin/bind8/config
1 Like

NO it’s not working still able to start bind its just install new server in the beginning have error to start a bind.

Failed to start BIND : sh: /etc/rc.d/init.d/named: No such file or directory

All is ok on my system. Thanks for the fixes. Appreciate you guys.

I reinstall server multiple time every time BIND server not start @Ilia please fix it and update you software with new installation files. awaiting for good new.

@jmunjr I’m happy for you, but every new user name face this issue with CentOS Linux 7.9.2009.

I hope Virtualmin team will understand.

Thanks you!

Thank you for the heads up. We can confirm that Webmin 1.999-2 has a bug that manifests itself on CentOS 7 in Webmin BIND module.

We will fix this in upcoming Webmin release.

Also, note that it’s not advised to install CentOS 7 in 2022 and AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux should be preferred!

When Upcoming Webmin release?

We don’t have ETA.

[That shouldn’t be the case. Simply run the following command to fix a Webmin Bind config on CentOS 7:

The fix is here:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Automated Virtualmin Installation not working with those OS AlmaLinux or Rocky Linux.

EDIT: Again reinstall centos 7 after your given comment bind and it’s not configured because after Setting Up Virtual Server, the domain not working. I’m very disappointeded with your support.

almost after wasting my 5 days still bind not working with Linux.

AlmaLinux and Rocky Linux are supported using beta version of install.sh script. This has been discussed in multiple posts.

Again reinstall centos 7 after your given comment bind and it’s not configured because after Setting Up Virtual Server, the domain not working. I’m very disappointeded with your support.

If you need more help, please provide more details on what isn’t working exactly. You shouldn’t be using CentOS 7 with a clean install in 2022 anyway.

If you still want to do it on CentOS 7 system, use the command I mentioned above to replace a wrong config with the right one, and then run the following command to re-configure Bind for Virtualmin:

virtualmin-config-system -i=Bind

almost after wasting my 5 days still bind not working with Linux.

Sorry but this is Webmin category, and I had no idea it didn’t work for you on Virtualmin.

There is no reason to reinstall anything, this is not Windows 3.11. It’s the mater of a wrong config file for Bind Webmin module. Besides reinstalling would produce the same results, as Webmin package hasn’t been updated yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.