Big DNS issues

ok, now I have really goofed up, lol
while trying to get things to work, when you ping either rooksystems.com or realdealcars.org it times out because it tries to ping address 192.168.1.13 instead of my modem ip address and I can’t get it changed back, how do I fix this so that when you ping those it reflects my modem ip address.

TIA

Well, I’m able to ping both of them (though it’s a little slow).

If you’re seeing IP addresses that aren’t what you expect, that means you need to go through all your DNS servers and verify the IP addresses that are set for those hosts.

It’s also possible that an old address is being cached somewhere along the way for you, you may need to either restart your DNS server (if you can), or just wait 24 hours or so for the cache to clean up.
-Eric

waiting seemed to work, is it possible to set godaddy to use one real name server and one fake name server as right now I only have one ip address, right now I am stuck with using thier DNS for everything, I have registered my server as a name server on thier end, but i only have the one, I tried setting me up as one, and then one of thiers, and things canceled each other out (what caused this problem in the first place), lol

TIA

Unfortunately, you’ll need two live IP addresses (even if they’re both on the same server) in order to setup the nameservers at GoDaddy.
-Eric