Backup

Hello,

I just installed on my dedicated server “A”, centos 7 then Webmin / virtualmin and I created a folder, in / sauv_william, to receive the automated backups of my dedicated server “B”, centos 7 and Webmin / virtualmin.
Server “A” config
Version of Webmin 1.900
Version of Usermin 1.751
Virtualmin version 6.06

I set up on the server “B” the backup by the automated / planned virtualmin backup tool (to the server “A” in Ssh.
Server config “B”
Version of Webmin 1.900
Version of Usermin 1.751
Virtualmin version 6.06
(I indicated Ssh type, as root user and root password, Ip server address “A”)

But I got this error message from the server “B”:

Impossible de se connecter au serveur SSH : @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)! It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed. The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is 18:29:99:81:71:19:7b:88:75:. Please contact your system administrator. Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message. Offending key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:7 RSA host key for 192.95.XXX.YYY has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. lost connection

La sauvegarde a échoué. Voir ci-dessus le compte-rendu pour en déterminer la raison.

Suppression des sauvegardes à partir de /sauv_william_jour/%d-%m-%Y sur serveur SSH 192.95.XXX.YYY plus âgé de 15 jours …

.. impossible d'énumérer répertoire via SSH : @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)! It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed. The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is 18:29:99:81:71:19:7b:88:75 Please contact your system administrator. Add correct host key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message. Offending key in /root/.ssh/known_hosts:7 RSA host key for 192.95.XXX.YYY has changed and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed.

What does it mean?
How to intervene to avoid this problem (can you tell me if it is on “A” or “B” that I need to intervene and how? Please thank you

Have a good day

Raphael

Thats not a virtualmin error, its an ssh warning. Caused by connecting from B to A, then reinstalling A, then connect from B to A again. Means the ssh key that B has stored for A has changed. Which it has since you reinstalled A. Solution: remove the (A) key from B and reconnect over ssh from B to A from command line and approve the new key.

If you ever see that warning when you haven’t changed/reinstalled anything, RUN. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for this quick response.

Could you explain to me clearly and in detail (list of the items to click and order in which to do it) how to realize the operation:

"Solution: remove the (A) key from B "

(Is it in Virtualmin or in webmin (I start with these tools) please thank you)
Please Thank you

Have a good day

Raphael