backup question

Hey all,

just a quick backup question.

With the virualmin backup, with ‘all features’ selected, and all sites included (complete backup), is everything in the /home directory backed up? I have a few things saved in that dir that aren’t sites, some scripts and backups from home. Are they backed up through virtualmin?

I do have “Server’s home directory and web pages” checked, but just wanted to double check and make sure things I added that weren’t under direct sites are being saved,

Thanks,

chris

Howdy,

With the virualmin backup, with ‘all features’ selected, and all sites included (complete backup), is everything in the /home directory backed up?

Well, that may be a trick question… I’ll explain what’s backed up, but it may require you to figure out if your data is part of that :slight_smile:

For each Virtual Server included in the backup, it’ll grab all the data within the home directory of that Virtual Server and put it in the backup.

So if you have /home/virt_server_1/ as a Virtual Server on your system, then “/home/virt_server_1” and everything inside of it would be backed up.

However, if you created new directories in /home that aren’t associated with any Virtual Server, Virtualmin wouldn’t know to back them up.

Does that make sense?

-Eric

Yes, makes perfect sense, I will rearrange things a bit so the stuff I need is placed under a virtual server directory.

Thank you!

Chris