Backup Failed - Permission denied at ../web-lib-funcs.pl line 1397

My server was running through it’s first nightly incremental backup when I received an email saying it failed.

This is the failure line:

Failed to open /home/web/domain.com/.virtualmin-src for writing : Permission denied at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1397.

I read through another similar thread and they said to run it through validation. This is what I got for the domain in question:

Home directory : Home directory /home/web/domain.com is owned by root instead of domain.com

Everything else was fine. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it or not and I don’t know where to go from here.

Virtualmin version 4.17.gpl
Operating system CentOS Linux 6.6

Howdy,

Ah, that can be a problem… it sounds like you have files within that user’s homedir, that it isn’t able to write to.

That can happen if you’re performing admin tasks as the root user, instead of the Virtual Server owner… if you create a directory in that user’s homedir as the user root, that user wouldn’t be able to write to that directory, which can cause the problem you’re seeing.

What you can do to fix that is use chown to fix the permissions on that directory.

Or, you could also go into Limits and Validation -> Validate Virtual Servers -> Fix Directory Permissions, and using that screen, you can correct the permissions for that domain.

-Eric

Awesome thanks! I’ll give that a try.

Still not working for me.

Error - Perl execution failed

Backup failed - try again to a file on the server to see the full error message at /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1397.

I executed the file and some errors

[root@brilliance /]# /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 1: =head1: command not found
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 3: Common: command not found
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 4: by: command not found
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 5: Example: command not found
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 7: use: command not found
/usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token ;' /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl: line 8: init_config();’