Awstats feature / plug

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version debian 11
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.3-1
Related packages [webmin-virtualmin-awstats]

awstat feature was not updating so, as per a forum i followed the instructions from the following link

The deletion and reinstallation worked with no errors., however, when i came to enable this plugin is did not appear as step 3

Any advise

thanks in advance

I don’t know why they think uninstalling and reinstalling the awstats module can possibly do anything good. That’s pretty much always a terrible idea. Uninstalling a package (any package) and reinstalling it is likely to break any existing configuration. Never follow advice that tells you to uninstall and then reinstall something in a Virtualmin system, they are always wrong.

Oh, jebus, I kept reading, it gets worse.

That person absolutely does not know what they are talking about. They’ve confused the Virtualmin AWStats module with AWStats (the software that the module manages). They’re not the same thing.

Literally nothing in that post is right. You need to undo all that mess. That blog post is 100% wrong and cannot do anything but make more problems.

And, then, tell me what problem you actually have, and we can try to diagnose it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.