Autoresponder with time delay?

I wish to set up an autoresponder in which the automated response is first sent after a delay of ten days. How can I do this.

Howdy,

If you go into Edit Users -> USERNAME -> Mail forwarding settings, look for “Automatic reply options” at the bottom of those settings, and you can set a delay in there.

-Eric

Thanks. It is almost there. It gives time between auto replies, and allows to set start and end dates. Maybe I can hack the code to change the date into time now +10 days?

Hi John_B

How did you go with this I am interested in doing the same sort of thing

Thanks
Allan

I got as far as my last post.

AFAIK cPanel does provide delayed autoresponder. For Virtualmin it cannot be complicated to hack the code but I do not know how, or even where the releavant Virtualmin / Webmin files are found.

With Drupal you can send delayed emails without coding using Rules module. But it is not simple…

Howdy,

Well, while Virtualmin offers a delayed autoresponder – it’s input in minutes, rather than days.

So, rather than entering 10 days, you could enter 14400 minutes.

-Eric

Hi Eric

As per your post above you say If you go into Edit Users -> USERNAME -> Mail forwarding settings, look for “Automatic reply options” at the bottom of those settings, and you can set a delay in there. But that looks like time between first and subsequent autoreplies? I am just not seeing a delay before first reply… unless “Minimum time between autoreplies” does in fact delay the first reply.

Thanks!