Automatic update of Wordpress plugins not working

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 18.0.4
Webmin version 2.0.0.1
Virtualmin version 7.5.1
Related packages SUGGESTED

I run three servers on different VPS providers all with Virtualmin running. I run Wordpress sites on all those servers, but on one of the servers, I am unable to activate automatic updates of Wordpress plugins from the WordPress interface. There are 10 sites running on that server, and I cannot activate it on any of the sites, while I can activate it on all sites running on the other servers.

The problem is that I cannot understand what is causing this problem. I compared the PHP modules installed on the different servers, which are completely similar. I run with PHP 8.0 on all three servers, so that shouldn’t cause it either.

The main difference I see is that the server with the problem runs with Ubuntu 18.04 while the other servers run on Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 22.04. Besides that, I don’t know what might be causing this. Is it a setting somewhere in Virtualmin/Webmin that might cause this, or something else?

I don’t see anything in the Apache error log either as I try to activate automatic updates. Any help would be appreciated!

Check Site Health in WP… is WP Cron working?

It feels embarassing to say this, but after looking around even more, I tried to disable the different plugins on all those sites, and for some reason, that solved the problem. So there is a plugin that has caused error on those sites for some reason, meaning that it has nothing to do with Virtualmin or so at all :slight_smile: Thanks for all help.

Did you work out which plugin is the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.