Auto Update AND manual update failure

Hi Joe & folks,
I have odd problems on the Server as mentioned earlier, but:
Altho I have set the system to autoupdate it doesn’t.
It fails on manual update also.
(Full details below)
Doesn’t seem to be able to find sources.
And tho this message refers to Fedora, the packages update doesn’t get past this point.

Cheers!
Him… again!

Upgrading all packages with command yum -y update …

ftp://ftp.oss.eznetsols.org/linux/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 linux: No such file or directory
Trying other mirror.
ftp://fedora.mirrors.tds.net/pub/fedora-core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:54:04 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/3.0.18
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Trying other mirror.
ftp://mirrors.hpcf.upr.edu/pub/Mirrors/redhat/download.fedora.redhat.com/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/5/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:51:39 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Fedora)
Last-Modified: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:07:03 GMT
ETag: "d7a4d-1b2-37d91f87fffc0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 434
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Trying other mirror.
http://fcupd.colo4jax.com/5/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:51:40 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
Content-Length: 307
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories

… upgrade failed!

MORE…
When selecting "Vmin Updates" (says is up to date) display remarks show no updates available for every package.

If I go to Install Scripts and select "Show install options", the display problem mentioned earlier is created.
(vis: no detail display, only l.h. column options, none of which will then activate. A reload is required.)

Let’s take these problems one at a time, please. I can’t keep up with multiple problem reports in a single thread (though they probably all boil down to the same problem).

The update thing is trying to download stuff from the system repositories and failing–note that we have no control over any of the system repositories and that’s all that is listed in the errors you’ve listed above. For whatever reason yum does not work on your system–probably network issues. (Note again that these are problems unrelated to Virtualmin–your OS package manager isn’t working, this isn’t a Virtualmin/Webmin failure).

So, first steps:

Login via ssh so you have an interactive shell, and then run the following commands:

yum clean all

yum update

See if things act right. If not, you probably have network problems that need to be fixed.