Authentic Theme 19.82 release overview

Authentic Theme 19.82 has been released.

The list of notable fixes and new features since version 19.80:

• Add ability to install previous stable theme versions from a dropdown on theme configuration page -

• Fiх data parsing regression on page load webmin/webmin#1497

• Fix broken after content for radio subroutine in theme UI library

• Fix to update search directory and allow it being modified in File Manager search dialog

• Fix font rendering for Microsoft Windows users

• Fix table icons to dynamically fill flex container

• Fix automatic page scrolling

2 Likes

@Ilia - Really appreciate your effort in systematically releasing updates for your Authentic Theme and note that 19.82 is the latest.

However, the confusing aspect is that your latest updates are not compatible with stable releases of Webmin and Usermin as one would expect them to be released in conjunction with one another.

I currently run the latest stable version of Webmin 1.973, Virtualmin 6.16 Pro, and Usermin 1.823 for which the compatible Authentic Theme is 19.73 released on March 04 and that seems way behind the latest theme release.

Is there any way of coordinating these releases to avoid this confusion?

Regards.

1 Like

I’m currently on:

Authentic theme version 19.73

Shall I upgrade or I’m fine?

However, the confusing aspect is that your latest updates are not compatible with stable releases of Webmin and Usermin as one would expect them to be released in conjunction with one another.

This is understandable. I will improve this in the future to reduce confusion. Most of the time I try to avoid creating a dependency with unreleased version of Webmin/Usermin, unless necessary. What I will do in the future, I will document why exactly a dependency was created at the first place, to be clear.

For example, the dependencies is such are created when Webmin API receives a new subroutine that a new theme release relies on (major change, which will lead to a fatal breakage). Although, more often those dependencies are minor, and cannot be noticed in regular day use.

Is there any way of coordinating these releases to avoid this confusion?

Virtualmin repos receive Webmin updates with a certain delay for the particular reason.

Shall I upgrade or I’m fine?

I don’t remember making breaking changes this time. It shall work. However, for anyone reading it, I would suggest waiting for the official release of Webmin 1.980, which will ship the latest Authentic Theme 19.82. Nevertheless, if you feel comfortable rolling back the latest installed theme version using theme-update.sh script (in case something goes wrong), then go ahead and give it a try. It won’t damage anything, even though some things may not work as designed.

3 Likes

@Ilia oh I love it finally fall back when for some reason my server would not get latest or somethings go whoe… thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.