Apache + Phpmyadmin setup

Anyone have an idea how to setup the phpmyadmin to work with Virtualmin? Installed Virtualmin using the install.sh script. Then added Phpmyadmin and just did not work. Have searched all over and all I found was that phpmyadmin installs under var/www and virtualmin is under /home. Another issue since suexec does not work. So reinstalled apache and phpmyadmin. Now phpmyadmin works under var/www, but all virtual servers created or any new ones tio be created point to /home.

The Vortualmin documentation is horrible and looks like it was written by a programmer from China. Feel very frustrated that there is no clear set of steps to install, Apache and phpmyadmin with virtualmin. I am very close to dumping all of this and paying for cPanel. If this was a good product, I would have happily paid to upgrade to Pro.

So please help. Can someone outline the steps to get this installed correctly.

Bruno

Bruno,

I understand how frustrating things can get at times. If you’d like, I’d be more than happy to spend a “one-on-one” session with you this evening or tomorrow to clear up any concerns or confusion you may be facing. I’ve been working with Virtualmin for quite some time, and will give you down to earth assistance if you’d like.

*** my time is being offered FREE of charge, and will let you stop pulling your hair out, heh heh ***

Send me an email if you’re interested :slight_smile:

Best Regards, Peter Knowles TPN Solutions

E: pknowles@tpnsolutions.com
P: 604-782-9342
W: http://www.tpnsolutions.com

Howdy,

Note that we don’t recommend trying to use the phpMyadmin package that comes with your distro, that can cause configuration problems.

I’d recommend removing that, and any related phpmyadmin config files that now exist in your Apache config directory – and instead using the phpMyAdmin Install Script.

You can access that in the “Install Scripts” link on the left side of the Virtualmin menu.

But before that’ll work, you’d need to completely remove the phpMyAdmin package installed via your distro.

Tpnsolutions can help with all that too :slight_smile:

-Eric

Hi,

I will gladly take you up on your offer. I did try to do what Andreycheck suggested, but just coyld not find the PHPscripts. I have also not been able to get Proftp to work, although FTP does work. So Please tell me if you are available to chat now and I can call you.

Thanks in advance again. I actually like the theme and layot, but was all confused between webmin, virtualmin and cloudmin. I have webmin and Virtualmin installed.

Thanks Bruno

Bruno,

Just responded to your email :slight_smile:

Best Regards, Peter Knowles TPN Solutions

E: pknowles@tpnsolutions.com
P: 604-782-9342
W: http://www.tpnsolutions.com

A huge THANK YOU to Peter from Tpn Solutions. He stayed up very late to help me out. I have everything working now. I cannot express my sincere gratitude to Peter and also to Eric for the suggestions and specially Peter. You spend a couple of hours of your time and it is very much appreciated. I have sent your contact info to my executives and I hope they will be in touch with you to possibly do some business together. You sure have the knowledge and I think as we discussed yesterday your company can provide us with some valuable services.

Once again - Thank you Peter.

Bruno