Annoying WWW alias for sub servers

Is there a way to stop the ServerAlias (specifically www.) being added when a sub-server is created? Right now, every sub-server I create requires me to edit the normal and ssl site directives to remove this alias.

I’ve tried deselecting the www, ftp, localhost and m values in the template but every time I load the template again, www option is selected again.

Am I missing something? This is a clone of the default sub-server template by the way with my own modifications as I require.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sure. Pretty much everything is configurable.

Server Templates->$templatename->Apache Website->Directives and settings for new websites, remove the ServerAlias www.${DOM} line.

Oh, and you can get rid of the www record in the BIND DNS Domain->Address records for new domains section.

I feel such a dork now! Why didn’t I read more closely. DOH!

As for the BIND DNS Domain->Address records, am I supposed to have something in the text box because mine are empty, including the parent/default one. If you are referring to the check boxes, that’s the other issue I’m having. No matter which boxes I uncheck they all come back checked when the template is reloaded.

Updated to ask another question so I don’t flood the forum.
Is it possible to access the parent server’s MySQL database without creating a sub-server database on the sub-server first? Can it be done at all for that matter? I would like to keep a single database for my entire domain and just create new tables inside the database for the sub-servers. Hope that sounds right?

“If you are referring to the check boxes, that’s the other issue I’m having. No matter which boxes I uncheck they all come back checked when the template is reloaded.”

I am referring to the checkboxes.

That sounds like a bug, but I can’t reproduce it in a cursory attempt. It saves for me.

Updated to ask another question so I don’t flood the forum.

Please flood the forum. Don’t ask new questions in old threads. It’s hard for me to keep up with when I’ve answered questions, and hard for others to find answered questions when there are many questions in a single topic. Create a new topic for every new question and we’ll all be happier. We’re not going to run out of room in the forum for new topics.

Will do, I’ll post it now about MySQL. On the issue with the check boxes, is there an actual config file I can look at just to ensure the settings are being saved? I will also try using another browser to see if the changes “stick” there. Currently I’m using Chrome.