Alias VS blows up LE Certs

OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.3
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.8.2
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

So this is related to https://forum.virtualmin.com/t/is-there-an-easier-way-to-move-convert-top-level-vs-to-alias-vs/123690

I created an alias VS of B.com to A.com (A.com is a working TL VS)

But during addition not only did LE refuse a cert but it blew out the working cert for A.com.

Now I think I understand why a new cert is acquired by adding the B.com to the existing A.com cert.

But why was it refused this time?

Both A.com and B.com previously had valid certs as TL VS and have been running fine. (Yes B.com was previously a TL VS but was deleted prior to adding it as an alias VS to A.com)

Does LE limit the number of Alias VS domains added to a TL VS?
(BTW there are also other alias VS to A.com) all happy with their combined A.com cert

I have managed to reacquire a cert for A.com (by using the “Domain names listed here” option and only listing the A.com ones) obviously that will not be adequate for the Alias VS (all 8 of them!)

Gave up on Alias domains now all deleted and recreated as top-level VS so they collected their own LE certs as before. Just a load of extra work.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.