AJAX and Virtualmin.

Hi guys,

IMHO implementation of AJAX in the Virtualmin/Webmin would increase so much it’s usability. Besides it would become more eye catching;-) Obviously such implementation has it’s buissnes value and end users would appraciate it a lot.

Best regards,
Filip.

I believe that there is an AJAX theme currently in beta…?

It’s been scraped

This theme supports AJAX as well as Google Gears http://www.stress-free.co.nz/tech/webmin

But it doesn’t support Virtualmin.

Hi Joe,

Version 2.0 of the theme seems to work just fine with VM 3.66.

Version 2.0 of the theme seems to work just fine with VM 3.66.

You know that thread you just started about usability in Virtualmin? Yeah…several of the problems you report are because you’re using a theme that doesn’t have Virtualmin menus. :wink:

Compatibility and “works well with” are not the same thing. You’re missing a serious bunch of usability improvements by using a theme that doesn’t participate in the Virtualmin menu system. (We like David and we like his theme…it just isn’t appropriate for Virtualmin usage at this time.)

I agree, Virtualmin would use a facelift. Don’t missunderstand us Joe, I love the clean/profi interface! And it’s fast! But when I got into the Pro version we abandoned the Stress Free theme, for the mentioned reasons. So I had a few clients calling about “what’s this, I don’t like it”… One can’t make everyone happy, I said, extra extra extra options but the looks are gone…

The dry looks and forms scare the hell out of them. And we have to win perpetually against CPanel :wink:

And maybe some AJAX dust will increase it’s useability too. Just my two cents.