After Update to webmin 1.640 apache shows not running but is running

Failed to start service :
:
Starting web server: apache2.

The apache is running but we get the following error message when clicking on the green triangle as the system information shows apache as NOT running after the update to 1.640

TTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.640 Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:47:00 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1 Connection: close
Error - Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &apache::autoindex_directives called at ./apache-lib.pl line 1114.

TTP/1.0 500 Perl execution failed Server: MiniServ/1.640 Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:47:00 GMT Content-type: text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1 Connection: close
Error - Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &apache::autoindex_directives called at ./apache-lib.pl line 1114.

Hi. This error alredy fixed. Download and install bugfix http://www.webmin.com/updates/apache-1.640-2.wbm.gz

How to get the update working on centos?

You should login to webmin interface, then go to Webmin-Webmin settings-Modules and put this link to “download from webmin server”
More info - http://www.webmin.com/updates.html

thanks , it works

in virtualmin 4.01gpl version and webmin 1.640
return of my experience with this problem solved after the first as above. (thank you)

in virtualmin the shortcut link :
“virtual-server/start_feature.cgi?feature=web&redirect=/right.cgi”
not run apache, because apache is running :))
the link stop dont active :frowning:

the icon apache is down or apache is running
my icons apache on virtualmin system information page : up is red and actions is green.

sorry for my bad english
i’m french user :slight_smile:

Found my answer right here…
I’ve found so many answers to questions here, if you have posted a problem or responded to one to resolve. A big thanks from me. The community is fantastic.

Cheers
DVR

Found my answer right here…

http://www.virtualmin.com/node/16329

I’ve found so many answers to questions here, if you have posted a problem or responded to one to resolve. A big thanks from me. The community is fantastic.

Cheers
DVR

Thank you ! problem solved :slight_smile:
/var/run/apache2.pid
this is the solution for my problem.

thank you …again.

not working

still same problem:

Failed to start apache :
:
Starting web server: apache2.

but actually apache is running already. The only thing what has changed is that I can see now again all virtualservers and other settings on the apache Server module but it asks me to START the server instead to stop it as it is already running!

PLEASE - Don’t let people search again, instead post the solution you actually did:

Webmin -> Servers -> Apache Webserver -> Module Config -> System Configuration : Path to Apache PID file. Set that from “work out automatically” to the actual path and filename of your Apache PID file.

Enter in the field: /var/run/apache2.pid

SOLVED!

sorry andi, I’m confused.

in french :
apache tourne, mais vous n’avez pas les boutons stop et reload de apache dans virtualmin 4.01.gpl
il faut forcer le chemin comme suit :

cliquez sur : webmin > serveurs > serveur web apache > “onglet” configuration globale > Divers

changez “Fichier PID du serveur” :
de “par défaut”
cochez la case de droite et mettre :
/var/run/apache2.pid

sauvegardez et hop, ça marche!

Merci beaucoup, j’apprécie les détails.

DVR