After restart dns doesent work anymore

Hello,
I fixed SSL and dynamic ip succesfull. Right now i have another problem…I have static ip set it on my Ubuntu. I wana mention i`m running ubuntu 18.04 on virtual machine on Nas Synology (the ip 192.168.0.25 was set manually). All the time when i restart the virtualmachine where webmin/virtualmin running my site doesent works anymore, seems my dns server its broken. If i delete the virtual server and i create it again start works…Any solution for this? i installed webmin/virtualmin with root. Another question my cname say WWW CNAME OK. No CNAME
Thanks,
Edy

Hi,

Check, if after a reboot your configuration isn’t over written with cloud init script(s) and/or set as permanent at the first place. Check and compare outputs of ip a, after and before reboot.

What you’re facing is not Virtualmin issue.

Yes, after 2h or 3h i found a thing i made in dns records. i just add an www with cname , because intodns tells me i dont have cname. and from there i get errors on bind dns server and stoped working. right now i delete that record and works like a charm, thanks a lot for your reply. still i get this thing
WWW CNAME OK. No CNAME. i have an A record with www, and seems its working via web, so i dont need anymore cname for www. im a little new with webmin/virtualmin, but seems working very good. i have 3 things with yellow on intodns, like :
Different subnets WARNING: Not all of your nameservers are in different subnets
Different autonomous systems WARNING: Single point of failure
SOA Serial Your SOA serial number is: 1586957912 . This can be ok if you know what you are doing.
But are just with yellow and other stuffs works very good. Thanks again for your reply

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.