Add OS to supported Webmin Modules

Operating system:
OS version:
I am looking for how to add an OS to a supported module. Currently working with the DHCP Server module to attempt to get the OS I am working with as a supported OS. OS is VMware’s Photon OS. Operating system reports as “Generic Linux 3.0”.

Is there a way to add OS support to a module and then repackage the module, and then install it? I have attempted this, but get an error “Failed to install module from /tmp/dhcpd-updated.wbm.gz : Module tmp is missing a module.info file”.

It is possible I have repackaged the module incorrectly and may have missed some type of permissions as well. Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Steps I took:

1. Expanded the downloaded module gz file
  2. Added config-generic-linux-3.0 file
  3. Updated module.info file with OS addition
  4. GZIP all components back to gz file.

Details:

File:
config-generic-linux-3.0
File Contents:
dhcpd_conf=/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
pid_file=/var/run/dhcpd.pid
dhcpd_path=/usr/sbin/dhcpd
lease_file=/var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases
lease_sort=0
dhcpd_nocols=5
lease_tz=0
show_ip=0
show_mac=0
group_name=0
display_max=100
desc_name=0

Updated module.info file with below:
os_support=debian-linux freebsd osf1 redhat-linux mandrake-linux slackware-linux solaris suse-linux united-linux unixware openserver open-linux turbo-linux openbsd corel-linux cobalt-linux irix netbsd msc-linux generic-linux gentoo-linux hpux trustix-linux macos sol-linux coherent-linux openmamba-linux pardus-linux generic-linux-3 generic-linux-3.0
version=1.955
longdesc=Manage shared networks, subnets, hosts and groups for ISC DHCPD.
desc=DHCP Server
name=DHCPD
category=servers
depends=1.955

GZIP Command:
tar -czvf dhcpd-updated.wbm.gz /tmp/dhcpd

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.