accidentally deleted scheduled daily cron jobs

Silly mistake - I had scrolled down the Scheduled Cron Jobs page and deleted an old cron, forgetting I had a check in the daily crons up above.

This is CentOS 5.5 with Virtualmin Pro and I’m pretty sure I just had the standard entries there. Can anyone tell me an easy way to replace those scheduled crons?

Hrm, that’s an interesting problem. For future reference, I’d suggest not deleting those :wink:

I’m not sure what exactly to tell you to add – I think the best way we can tackle that is to have you attach these two files to this thread:

/etc/crontab

/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root

With those, hopefully we can figure out what exactly is missing and get that straightened up.

-Eric

Eric,

Thanks for your help. I don’t have /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root, there is /var/spool/cron/root and it seems to contain crons for all the virtual domains along with other things. Is that what you want?

Brian

Mmm, yeah, that sounds like it! Different distro’s put those files in difference places it looks like.

So yeah, /var/spool/cron/root and /etc/crontab should do the trick.

-Eric

Eric,

Is there a private way to get you these files?

Brian

Why don’t we start with you just posting the /etc/crontab file, which should be fairly similar across all servers :slight_smile:

-Eric

Here it is…

Ah, that looks like it may be a straight forward fix. Just add this line to the end of your /etc/crontab file:

02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily

Bingo - that did it!

Eric, I want you to know how much I have appreciated your help, both directly and from the answers you’ve given other as well.

Thank you very very much!!!

Brian