Accept PayPal on site

Hello,

I would request that you add PayPal as an option to pay.

With your system it seems like I’d be storing my credit card info on your server and I don’t want to do that. I know I’m not alone in this. If you add some more info about where the payment is stored or how secure it is maybe it would help but I don’t feel very safe with it.

Looking at the source code it looks like you’re using Braintree which is the same company as PayPal. Why should I have to enter my info again if it’s already stored in PayPal?

I would also prefer to pay with my PayPal balance before I pay with my credit card/bank account.

In the past I have paid hundreds of dollars through PayPal to you guys and it worked fine but now there is no option for that. If this is just a matter of the software you’re using not supporting PayPal then I would suggest adding it. It should be possible to use Braintree to accept PayPal payments and recurring subscriptions as well but I haven’t ever used Braintree so I don’t know how it all works.

Apparently you only do PayPal payments manually now. This might be slightly more convenient for you but I think it’s inconvenient for a lot of your potential customers and doesn’t place trust in you because there is nothing indicating where their info is stored or anything. Maybe it’s in the fine print somewhere but who reads that? Imagine how many sales you’re missing out on! I would think probably quite a lot of people are seeing only credit card there and no PayPal or Stripe or anything anywhere giving them a feeling of trust and just completely noping out on it.

I think maybe even if you put something like “Payments handled by Braintree, a PayPal service. Your credit card info is not stored on our servers.” then it may help you too. Unless of course our credit card info is stored on your servers which is hard to tell.

Anyway, just thought I should give some feedback on that.

Thank you!

We are definitely not storing any credit card info. We never even see your card info, it is collected in a frame that goes directly to Braintree. We have no way to see your card details (other than four digits to identify it).

Our next billing system will likely also support PayPal payments, but I don’t know how soon that will be finished.

1 Like

I know that but I’m just saying what it seems like to the average person since it doesn’t say anything about it there. I look forward to all the good things yet to come.

Probably not a bad idea, although I think you may overestimate the insight of the “average person.” People like us think about things like data hygiene and PCI compliance. The average person, methinks not so much.

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.