About wordpress imagick

Hi ALL,

Thanks for the wonderful product.

When I install wordpress onto virtual server. It mentioned pecl-imagick not found and i get pecl-imagick.so can’t be loaded once in a while.

I’ve installed by following Getting Imagemagick to run [#67032] | Virtualmin, but, still pecl-imagick.so issue won’t disappear.

My server is ubuntu 20.04 using latest virtualmin installer with LAMP chosen.

Can I just remove extension=pecl-imagick.so because there is extension=imagick.so there?

If you are using a different version of PHP than the standard OS one, you’ll need the pecl-imagick package for the specific version you are using.

Thanks Joe,

I’m new to virtualmin, so, i think the php7.4 is installed by the installer. There are no other php version.

Do you have any link on installing pecl-imagick on ubuntu? I’ve tried many google listed guides but saw none on pecl-imagick. I’ve tried sudo pecl install pecl-imagick or sudo apt install pecl-imagick or sudo apt install php7.4-pecl-imagick but there is no suck package.

Your package manager has search features. You do not have to guess at package names.

# apt search imagick

Should turn up something.

Many Thanks Joe,

below is response on apt search imagicks

php-imagick/focal,now 3.4.4-4 amd64 [installed]
Provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick library

ruby-activestorage/focal 2:5.2.3+dfsg-3 all
Local and cloud file storage framework (part of Rails)

ruby-mini-magick/focal 4.9.5-2 all
wrapper for ImageMagick with a small memory footprint

Does that mean I can remove the last line?

extension=gd.so
extension=curl.so
extension=ssh2.so
extension=imagick.so
extension=pecl-imagick.so

The issue you linked was about CentOS. A quite different operating system with different packages. It doesn’t make sense to randomly copy-paste things about systems quite unlike yours.

Sorry Joe, i don’t know centos. I started ubuntu since beginning.

I asked this question because i saw warning like bottom.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘pecl-imagick.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I have the same problem. I have a freshly Ubuntu 20, from lightsail (Amazon). I installed Virtualmin, and all was ok, but when I tried to install a wordpress, I have these 2 problems:

1- Installing package php-pecl-imagick …
Installing package(s) with command apt-get -y -f install php-pecl-imagick …
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
E: Unable to locate package php-pecl-imagick
… install failed!

2- Installing package php7.4-pecl-imagick …
Installing package(s) with command apt-get -y -f install php7.4-pecl-imagick …

Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
E: Unable to locate package php7.4-pecl-imagick
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.4-pecl-imagick’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.4-pecl-imagick’
… install failed!
… failed to install!

I eliminated the entire server and try again (LEMP this time) and was the same

Could someone share the solution? thanks in advance

C’mon now. You didn’t even bother the read the thread you’re responding to. The answer is above.

You’re trying, just like OP, to install CentOS packages on an Ubuntu system. Don’t copy-paste random things!

Hi Joe,

What we are trying to solve is there are same logs with below line

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘pecl-imagick.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I’ve installed the wordpress using virtualmin install script inside virtualmin webapp & panel. It might be our server is ubuntu and may be pecl-imagick is not for ubuntu, but, i’m still not sure how to get rid of this error log.

Oh, I see. Hmm…yeah, the Script Installer for WordPress seems to be taking a shotgun approach to loading modules. It’s harmless, but should be cleaned up.

You can modify it, if you want, to get rid of the extraneous pecl-imagick.so import (it’s probably just imagick.so in your case, if you’re using the default PHP version).

1 Like

What are you talking about… I’m using the official installer, and I followed all the instructions and nothing by myself. Try to dont reply if your answer is not helpful.

He did answer you and the other gentleman as well.

That means that the installer was trying to load modules that it didn’t need to load and that’s why it gave you the error. It doesn’t do any harm to the installation, but he does need to sort that out.

He then went on to say:

In that statement he assumes you know what you’re doing. So he told you how to modify the installer yourself to prevent getting that error.

Try reading more and raging less.

Hi Gomez_Adams
Thanks a lot for try to clarify. But if you read with more carefully you will notice the exact order of the replies and you can realize that I replied to the previous post of Joe… I was writing it when he wrote the next posts…
And I did it because this words were unnecessary

“C’mon now. You didn’t even bother the read the thread you’re responding to. The answer is above.
You’re trying, just like OP, to install CentOS packages on an Ubuntu system. Don’t copy-paste random things!”

Have a nice day, and thanks again

My reply was unnecessarily harsh. Sorry about that.

I misunderstood the problem…everyone was trying to install packages that don’t exist on Ubuntu, and I didn’t realize it was because of something Virtualmin was configuring. I was focused on what y’all were doing, which didn’t make any sense to me, rather than what Virtualmin was doing, which didn’t make any sense to y’all.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.