About wordpress imagick

Hi ALL,

Thanks for the wonderful product.

When I install wordpress onto virtual server. It mentioned pecl-imagick not found and i get pecl-imagick.so can’t be loaded once in a while.

I’ve installed by following Getting Imagemagick to run [#67032] | Virtualmin, but, still pecl-imagick.so issue won’t disappear.

My server is ubuntu 20.04 using latest virtualmin installer with LAMP chosen.

Can I just remove extension=pecl-imagick.so because there is extension=imagick.so there?

If you are using a different version of PHP than the standard OS one, you’ll need the pecl-imagick package for the specific version you are using.

Thanks Joe,

I’m new to virtualmin, so, i think the php7.4 is installed by the installer. There are no other php version.

Do you have any link on installing pecl-imagick on ubuntu? I’ve tried many google listed guides but saw none on pecl-imagick. I’ve tried sudo pecl install pecl-imagick or sudo apt install pecl-imagick or sudo apt install php7.4-pecl-imagick but there is no suck package.

Your package manager has search features. You do not have to guess at package names.

# apt search imagick

Should turn up something.

Many Thanks Joe,

below is response on apt search imagicks

php-imagick/focal,now 3.4.4-4 amd64 [installed]
Provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick library

ruby-activestorage/focal 2:5.2.3+dfsg-3 all
Local and cloud file storage framework (part of Rails)

ruby-mini-magick/focal 4.9.5-2 all
wrapper for ImageMagick with a small memory footprint

Does that mean I can remove the last line?

extension=gd.so
extension=curl.so
extension=ssh2.so
extension=imagick.so
extension=pecl-imagick.so

The issue you linked was about CentOS. A quite different operating system with different packages. It doesn’t make sense to randomly copy-paste things about systems quite unlike yours.

Sorry Joe, i don’t know centos. I started ubuntu since beginning.

I asked this question because i saw warning like bottom.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘pecl-imagick.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20190902/pecl-imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0