A Guide to Caching with NGINX

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.2
Webmin version: Webmin version 1.973
Virtualmin version: Virtualmin version 6.16
Related products version: DNS configuration

Hi @Joe @shillongserver

I really need to run Ngnix with maximum performance and quality , I have no limit in memory and will rung wordpress site
this document is that good ? https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-caching-guide/#proxy_cache_revalidate
which on of that items are add by default in virtualmin?

Yes, I’d trust the nginx people to tell you how to use nginx features.

But, also, the web server can’t make your app fast. So, be sure you aren’t wasting time optimizing the wrong variables. If you shave a millisecond off of the load time of static assets (which is all that nginx can cache effectively), while your dynamic pages take two seconds to load, you’ve accomplished nothing for overall site performance.

You probably shouldn’t care about caching in the web server until you’ve solve all the much larger performance issues common to web apps.

2 Likes

Thanks , there is no issue in our code and loading time but according that our site is heavy because of the shop woo commerce and many users , it need to be optimize

Please see the link and tell me which of them are add by default and which I need to add.
Thanks Joe,
Warm regards,
Raha.

With regards to optimising your server, there is no such thing as a “perfect configuration” regardless of whether we’re talking about your cache (server-level or otherwise), your php-fpm configuration, your database, your CDN or anything else for that matter, imo.

You will need to fiddle with all of them and fine-tune them till you find the best settings for “your” particular needs. My WooCommerce website might require the kind of configuration that won’t work on yours and vice-versa.

On top of fine-tuning your server configuration, you should make sure your server has enough resources to handle your WooCommerce site as well.

1 Like

This is gold lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.