Wordpress website <200 visit per day consume 1.5gb ram constantly

depends on traffic and on host resources… on some sites with more traffic, i use bigger values.

better score doesn’t always mean faster website. speed ratings algorithm will give additional points for using a CDN/cloudflare. but from my personal experience, if your visitors come from just one country/continent, then you’re probably slowing down your page with using any such 3rd parties.

another point is visitor’s privacy. you’re giving away your visitors’ personal data to these 3rd parties… (so, if you come to think about it, nothing’s really free from Cloudflare, Google, etc…).

Completely false.

I use Cloudflare on every site I run and have never had an issue. If you did, it was on your end not theirs.

IN German so sorry

CLOUDFLARE privacy is a Bigger issue inhere you have to take care off in EU countries.
https://www.e-recht24.de/dsg/12626-cloudflare.html

Fines of max 10 Million Euro max 2 Percent of annual sales, wen not done right!

i didn’t say anything about issues (except for privacy…), i said it’s making websites slower… one/more DNS/GET requests, which for most visitors -using default ISP resolvers-, means slower webpage loading. this is not some general rule i know of, it’s my personal experience. remove 3rd parties from a website and you can feel the speed difference, but still gtmetrix/pingdom/others will lower performance score for not using a cdn…

2c.

Which is false.

Edit to add: If Cloudflare was making sites slower, it wouldn’t be used by millions of companies like Reuters, IBM, Lyft, L’Oreal, Panasonic, The University of Tokyo, MARS, Allianz and others.

Depends how much Visitors which Country, where and how fast Network Hoster, and yes or no use other external DNS services that are performant.

So if your site is pointing to one country one language, and you have performant server and hoster also perfomant external dns services for that country, then depending on how much stuff to load cloudflare makes things slower YES. For static sites YUP.

That bigger companys have so much visitors, often more countries so cloudflare handle some stuff therefore webserver is saving some …

Same with cache, could slow down or gives extra perfomance depending on type of use and settings.

So if you have performance problems you can check a lot to optimize or to get rid off… :wink:

The free Cloudflare is not that performant as wished in real…

External CDN used could also problem with privacy depending or you handle those yourself or external company

Cloudflare is there not for extra speed but yes -no some extra protection and to save some on resources BOX and network yourself ( in that combination it can give then extra speed if your own or hoster resources and / or protection measures are to low…). For real speed …

For handling DNS there are way more partys…

The more external the more “sensitive to interference” but if you have only one box one Network, only 2 nameservers on same network, all then single point of failure risk then.

So you need 99,999999999 or 95 or 98, ?

Wrong. That is complete crap.

It’s not Cloudflare that’s the problem in a case like that. It’s your own infrastructure. A simple traceroute would prove it.

MTR you mean ? :wink:
hmm where sites are on cloudflare more problems then they where before not on cloudflare sofar my experience not own sites but partners or…

It still depends as cache depends on very much also.

Maybe config wrong, but cloudflare is in EU a BIG privacy RISK and if you handle that wrong could give you high FINES BY LAW…

OYEA: If i use vpn services then cloudflare big pa… in the ass for some sites captcha and so on UHUM that is not USER friendly to your sites at all! Yup also “IBM or whatever” are then asking for captcha that is nonsens to force visitors using a VPN service to… have captcha

Even if i change here outgoing routing fiber<> cable so used ip then cloudflare ask to often to prove… i am no machine…

IF you server, site, network and all are perfomant enough and safe enough then mostly no need for such things as cloudflare. Ofcourse you can that is a choice. :wink:

Also to be on topic again, cloudflare is not going to solve the high RAM use. :wink: ( if it does however then “security” on network or box is not as it should be)

sorry for being partly offtopic,

i don’t know where you get these examples from, but IBM & Reuters don’t use Cloudflare… (why would IBM use Cloudflare? seemed strange - moved my curiosity). so don’t believe everything you read…
apart from that, have you checked their scores on GTmetrix? Ds, Es … not good examples for performance… :slight_smile:
in anycase, if you are running a small web site you definitely don’t need CloudFlare. it’ll slow your website. millions of small websites don’t.

3rd parties : Reduce the impact of third-party code | GTmetrix

IBM Cloud has a partnership with Cloudflare.

Findlaw (by Thomas Reuters, the same Reuters that created Reuters) uses Cloudflare.

After some checking, it appears that this is wordpress query problem. Will continue checking and update here about the progress.

Also please do not continue debating about cloudflare in this thread.

Please do update if you find something - having a similar issue, been through all of the steps. I have a second copy of the site with all plugins disabled and the default theme, same issue. I’m thinking a previous plugin left some junk behind.

Check to see what is in your pending action queue and cron list - I found a bunch of stuff that was long gone from the site but still in there.

Are you using free custom themes?

If so, beware. A great many of them carry the WP-VCD scripts that will bring your site to a standstill. The easiest way to see if you’ve got it is to use a file manager and search all of your files for wp-vcd.php and then wp-tmp.php. Be sure you have your view set to show all files (even hidden).

If you see those two files pop up, you’re infected. You’ll need to trash any templates you’ve been using and then manually remove every instance of those files you have. It may take some time as typically there are hundreds of them. Thousands in a really bad case.

Wherever you find those files you’ll typically find these:

• class.wp.php
  • admin.txt
  • codexc.txt
  • code1.php
  • class.theme-modules.php

Those all need to go as well.

The only two free themes I would trust are OceanWP and Astro. Other than that, avoid free themes like the plague other than the default themes that Wordpress supplies.

Not in my case, all users in this VPS use a paid theme with specific function for making online order from whatsapp without woocommerce. With home page showing few x items for each category with ajax load more, each with + and - button showing items in “cart”

Cart is created when checkout button pressed, letting customer write its name and address, then creating a whatsapp button with message contains customer orders.

I don’t find WP-VCD script, however, I do run grep -rnw '/home/' -e 'class.wp.php' and find wp-settings.php on all users have line like this:
/public_html/wp-settings.php:114:require ABSPATH . WPINC . '/class-wp.php';

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.