Wordpress does not install

I know there are hell alot tuts for that. And I have already gone through them. I have created a virtual server for website, then pasted wordpress files into the public html folder of that virtual server.
Now when I visit the website as www.website.tk then i get following error. Please Help.
I have gone thru changing permission and all, and its a brand new website.

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Either there are missing extensions for the installation or the configuration you uploaded isnt properly set.
Try to remove the .htaccess if possible and see if that helps.
If not, provide the log files please.

When I create index.html manually. It displays on the website but when I put wordpress in it, it goes down. Im new to this; help needed.
There is no .htaccess. As I told you Im creating a brand new test website.

We can’t even guess without seeing the relevant error_log entries.

as @Joe, says. Check your error log…
since you can see a “manual” index.html doesn’t mean it renders an index.php with all includes that come after…

Since you say there is no .htaccess I doubt you copied al WP files (and database files?) to your vhost.

Yes this is what I did. Copied everything.
To help resolve this @Joe I tried to uninstall virtualmin . And now installation is giving me error and now Im even unable to install it. Dont know what happened.

Error: Failed to query Postfix config command to get the current value of parameter virtual_alias_maps:
Error

Failed to query Postfix config command to get the current value of parameter virtual_alias_maps:
----- ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▣▣▣ Cleaning up

[WARNING] The following errors occurred during installation:

◉ Postinstall configuration returned an error.

And again, without log files its not really possible to help.

[root@62 ~]# systemctl status postfix.service
● postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled; vendor pres et: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2020-04-25 17:08:21 CEST; 27s ag o
Process: 12302 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/postfix start (code=exited, status=1/FAILUR E)
Process: 12298 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/chroot-update (code=exited, s tatus=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 12294 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/aliasesdb (code=exited, statu s=75)

Apr 25 17:08:19 62.210.178.175 aliasesdb[12294]: /usr/sbin/postconf: warning…5
Apr 25 17:08:19 62.210.178.175 aliasesdb[12294]: /usr/sbin/postconf: fatal: …e
Apr 25 17:08:20 62.210.178.175 aliasesdb[12294]: newaliases: warning: valid_…5
Apr 25 17:08:20 62.210.178.175 aliasesdb[12294]: newaliases: fatal: unable t…e
Apr 25 17:08:20 62.210.178.175 postfix[12302]: warning: valid_hostname: nume…5
Apr 25 17:08:20 62.210.178.175 postfix[12302]: fatal: unable to use my own h…e
Apr 25 17:08:21 62.210.178.175 systemd[1]: postfix.service: control process …1
Apr 25 17:08:21 62.210.178.175 systemd[1]: Failed to start Postfix Mail Tran…
Apr 25 17:08:21 62.210.178.175 systemd[1]: Unit postfix.service entered fail…
Apr 25 17:08:21 62.210.178.175 systemd[1]: postfix.service failed.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Reinstalling does not make sense. You’re making it really hard for us to help you.

The particular error you saw during reinstall usually happens if you don’t have enough memory for all the services you’re trying to run.

Did you use the install applications menu in Virtualmin Panel to install Wordpress or did you just upload the files to your public_html folder? If no, you should install through VM as it will take care of the permissions for you. It really is a few clicks install through VM and it takes care of all the permissions and group adds etc.

1 Like

I uploaded the files. You are right. I really dont know how to do that. Any tutorial would be awesome. Thankyou

If you dont really know something about hosting, then you should read about it and inform yourself about that first. Putting a server online is easy, but managing it and keep it safe is something else.

You should start with that and after you gathered a bit of an understanding, try to provide the asked details.

This video covers installation of WordPress.

I’ve posted several beginner videos on our channel.

This is the video I watched to get a feel for how VM does the install.

Thankyou Everyone for your kind replies and help. Glad you people have an active forum.
My Problem is Solved via Video shared by Joe.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.