White screen issue when accessing myip/10000

Hi guys, I’m new to Virtualmin,

I’m without access to the panel.

I can’t see the version of virtualmin Use Ubuntu 20.04

I’m experiencing a white screen issue when accessing myip / 10000
I open the console and see these errors:

Failed to load resource: net :: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET manifest.json: 1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Access denied for 2xx.xxx.xxx.xxx) I use cloudflare to control my external dns. I have enabled ssl lets scripts.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you accessing port 10000 locally or via IP through Cloudflare?

If you’re accessing through Cloudflare, check your SSL configuration and make sure it’s set to Flexible, not Full or Full Strict.

Hello @gomez_Adams

Thank you very much for helping me with this problem.

Yes, I’m accessing myip: 10000

I returned the cloudflare configuration to Flexible, but I continue to receive this error:

"Failed to load the resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (access denied for myip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

When accessing my domain I realize that ssl is active, but when I access ip: 10000 the security with the site is not secure.

DNS proxies are enabled for both ipv4 and ipv6

Can you help me with some more settings to get my panel back up and running?

I await your return

Just use a name that doesn’t go through Cloudflare for Webmin. You’re making your life hard for no reason.

Hi Joe,

You say, delete this domain from cloudflare?
How can I change the domain name? Can you give me a step by step for this?

No. That isn’t what I said.

Joe,

Explain me better about this, I couldn’t understand your tip :slight_smile:

I would love to look at my dashboard again.

You setup some of your hostnames in DNS to point to the Cloudflare proxy IPs, yes? OK, now setup a new name that is not pointing to Cloudflare proxies. Point it directly to your server IP.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the feedback.

I already have a domain for the ip, without going through the proxy see the attached image.

I used the panel for 1 week, but then the panel had this problem.

See the “server” is without proxy

Uploading: Screenshot.png…

Your server.domain AAAA record is still proxied, just saying.
Not sure if that makes any difference in the matter, whenever I use CF I tend not to proxy anything at all as it makes the whole setup a bit fragile.

@toreskev Thank You!

I disabled everything, I will wait to propagate to test again.

If it works, I will reply soon

Hi guys

Unfortunately my panel has not returned, is there another place that may have caused this?

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
manifest.json:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Access denied for 18x.xxx.x.xx)

You’re still hitting something other than your server. This continues to not be a Virtualmin problem. :wink:

But, check the Webmin log just in case. /var/webmin/miniserv.error

Thanks for the effort Joe,

I’ll try a little more the cloudflare or firewall settings.

Ok, I will check the log

Yes, it’s possible it’s firewall. I guess it’s even possible fail2ban has blocked your IP. But, I don’t think that’s the error you’d get. I think that looks like you’re still hitting a proxy.

Yes, I access server.dominio.ltd, the error happens when I enter the ip: 10000

Webmin also has an access log in /var/webmin/miniserv.log. If you’re hitting Webmin, you’ll see new entries appear. But, I’m almost 100% sure you’d get a different error if Webmin were refusing to talk to you for some reason (too many failed login attempts for instance, but I don’t think it ever blocks an IP, though fail2ban might…error would look different though).

Also, I assume you’ve checked to be sure Webmin is running? (systemctl status webmin)