Where and How does virtualmin store mysql databases during backup?

I used “Backup Virtual Servers” option present on the left-side in virtualmin to create a single file backup for one of my domain, myblog.com .
The backup was stored in the local server.

Virtualmin created the given below 3 files in the destination:

1. myblog.com.tar.gz
  2. myblog.com.tar.gz.dom
  3. myblog.com.tar.gz.info

Upon extracting the myblog.com.tar.gz, i could see the contents of my public_html folder.
But i could not locate my mysql databases associated with the domain anywhere.

Can you please let me know where is/are mysql databases associated with the domain stored ?
(assuming i want to transfer mysql db alone to another server or for local download)

Also, please clarify the given below:

When i created my domain, myblog.com, virtualmin automatically created one mysql database with the name of the user, say for eg. “myblog”

Assuming i create some more databases for the same domain, say for eg. myblog_db, myblog_cms etc, will virtualmin also include those databases also during backup (as they are based on the same username of the domain, in this case “myblog”)

Thanks and Regards,
Maheswaran S

Howdy,

There would be a directory called “,backup” within your backup archive. All the Virtualmin metadata for that domain, along with the MySQL data, would be located within that .backup directory.

-Eric

Hello Eric,

Thanks,

Also, please clarify the given below:

When i created my domain, myblog.com, virtualmin automatically created one mysql database with the name of the user, say for eg. “myblog”

Assuming i create some more databases for the same domain, say for eg. myblog_db, myblog_cms etc, will virtualmin also include those databases also during backup (as they are based on the same username of the domain, in this case “myblog”)

If virtualmin will not do it automatically, is there a way i can do it by way of some configurations.

(These databases are for different scripts running in the same domain, created by “root” user and not by “domain user”. But all of them will share same base user name in the beginning; say for eg. myblog_db, myblog_cms etc)

Thanks and Regards,
Maheswaran S

Howdy,

It will definitely back those up, but it will only know to do so if they’re created from within Virtualmin.

To do that, go into Edit Databases, and there you can select “Create a new database”.

That will make a new database which is associated with your domain, and will be included with the backup.

-Eric

Hello Eric,

Thanks,

Unfortunately i created most of these additional databases using ADMINER.php ( a tool similar to phpmyadmin)

Is there a way now that i can associate these additional databases to the concerned domain from within virtualmin/outside so that they are included in the backup ?

(Now virtualmin is not including these additional databases during backup)

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Maheswaran S

Howdy,

To associate a database with a particular Virtual Server, you can go into Edit Databases -> Import Database.

-Eric

Hello Eric,

Issue Resolved.
You saved my day.
Thanks a lot.

Maheswaran S