We're going to OSCON!

Howdy all,

So, hot on the heels of YAPC, we were offered a chance to have a booth at OSCON 2009 in San Jose on July 22-23 at a good rate, and we just couldn’t pass it up.

If anybody is going to OSCON, we’d love to see you there. We’ll be giving away T-shirts (cool new Webmin T-shirts that are drop dead awesome), a cool quick reference card, and announcing some good news for the Webmin/Usermin project (we’ll also hopefully be celebrating winning a SourceForge Community Choice Award! If you haven’t voted already go do it! http://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/vote/?f=479 ).

And, if anyone is feeling particularly fond of us and the Webmin project, we’d also be happy to have some help with the booth. We’ve got at least one friend coming to help out for the two days, but she’s not a hacker and having some more knowledgeable folks hanging around to answer questions and such wouldn’t be a bad thing. No commitments required. Just let me know when you’ll be around, and we’ll hold back a Webmin T-shirt for you and put you to work for whatever time you can spare.

Expo Hall pass is free, so no reason not to go if you’re in the area:

https://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/register

Hope to see you there!

Dont send Jamie, i need him working on cloudmin! =P

Bah, stuck in the UK :frowning:

He’s already finished his homework. :wink:

Cloudmin now has LVM partition support in version 2.7 (this was the most requested feature amongst existing users). Also has Account Plans, and more capabilities and limits for virtual machine owners.

There is also a test release of 2.8 which adds OpenVZ support. This is the most requested feature from people who want to be Cloudmin users but need OpenVZ support. :wink:

But, ask anybody that knows Jamie…he’ll be working even while at the conference. I’ll post some great pictures Eric took at YAPC soon. In every single one of them Jamie is working on Webmin, Virtualmin or Cloudmin. Dude just never quits. He’s like a machine.