Website doesn't load on Virtualmin

That just means there is an A record for that name on the DNS servers that are authoritative for the zone. It does not mean the records in the Virtualmin server are the source of it.

Which is exactly what I just said.

OK, but SSL has nothing to do with it.

I’ve had the issue before where I could get to one server but not the other because of SSL not working properly.

But since you’re here now taking over, I’ll leave it with you.

Yes these are the right nameservers, everycloudhost.com for now just has an A record pointing to my server ip. The domain everycloudhost.com for now is out of the question, i’ll come on to use that later on. The reason i’m trying to use uk1 is because over time i’m going to expand my inventory and add more servers around the country e.g. uk2, uk3… everycloudhost.com will just be my front for my website which I will put up in the future. I’m looking on building a web hosting service that people will be able to switch their domain Nameservers to mine which will be more ideal than having a single A record. uk1 need to be on my nameservers which I have set on IONOS and need to have it’s domain records controlled via virtualmin.

You’re going to need to read up on DNS and delegation, or you’re going to need to configure your DNS records for your new names at your registrar, and not in Virtualmin. If you aren’t going to delegate the zone to your Virtualmin server, Virtualmin cannot manage your records…nobody will ever ask it.

If your registrar allows you to add NS records, you could create a new zone that is a subdomain of your second-level domain (everycloudhost.com) and delegate management of those names to your Virtualmin server. e.g. if you create a hosts.everycloudhost.com zone on your Virtualmin server, and delegate that using NS records at your registrar, Virtualmin could then manage, uk1.hosts.everycloudhost.com, uk2.hosts.everycloudhost.com, etc.

But, as it stands, Virtualmin cannot do anything for you with regard to DNS. Nobody will ever ask it to resolve a name, because when the world asks “Who do I ask about the everycloudhost.com zone?” the answer is somebody else’s servers. Those servers could delegate down to your server for some or all names, but that’s not what’s happening.

On IONOS everycloudhost.com has the default registrar nameservers and that’s going to stay the same for now.
On IONOS uk1.everycloudhost.com has been set the nameservers ns1 & ns2.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk by adding two NS records for the uk1 subdomain.
On namecheap, the domain everycloudhost-dns.co.uk has been set the glue records for ns1 & ns2 which, both point to my server ip address. It also has two A records for both ns1 & ns2 pointing to the same address again.
On virtualmin, the nameservers have been set as ns1 & ns2.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk.
Sorry i’m not the best at this but my network knowledge level is not 100%.

Nope.

$ dig @ns1120.ui-dns.com. any everycloudhost.com

; <<>> DiG 9.16.20-RH <<>> @ns1120.ui-dns.com. any everycloudhost.com
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 26965
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 9, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1220
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;everycloudhost.com.		IN	ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	A	93.89.140.29
everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	MX	0 mail.everycloudhost.com.
everycloudhost.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns1041.ui-dns.de.
everycloudhost.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns1023.ui-dns.biz.
everycloudhost.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns1120.ui-dns.com.
everycloudhost.com.	86400	IN	NS	ns1023.ui-dns.org.
everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 mx ~all"
everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	TXT	"google-site-verification=yjrofc2iSW1OA1v2qOvtJ--k99C6XuP9NjnbHYOobAg"
everycloudhost.com.	86400	IN	SOA	ns1023.ui-dns.org. hostmaster.1und1.com. 2017060171 28800 7200 604800 600

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
mail.everycloudhost.com. 60	IN	A	213.171.215.114

;; Query time: 48 msec
;; SERVER: 217.160.82.120#53(217.160.82.120)
;; WHEN: Thu Sep 09 16:53:15 CDT 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 381

To be clear:

There are no NS records for uk1.everycloudhost.com in your zone. Thus, it is not delegated. All requests for that domain an any subdomains of it will be resolved by those same DNS servers.

Oh, wait, I see this:

$ dig @ns1120.ui-dns.com. any uk1.everycloudhost.com

; <<>> DiG 9.16.20-RH <<>> @ns1120.ui-dns.com. any uk1.everycloudhost.com
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 30112
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1220
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;uk1.everycloudhost.com.		IN	ANY

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
uk1.everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	NS	ns1.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk.
uk1.everycloudhost.com.	60	IN	NS	ns2.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk.

;; Query time: 50 msec
;; SERVER: 217.160.82.120#53(217.160.82.120)
;; WHEN: Thu Sep 09 16:54:41 CDT 2021
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 111

I guess maybe that should do something, but it doesn’t seem to actually be happening.

Your name servers don’t seem to be responding.

[joe@localhost ~]$ host uk1.everycloudhost.com ns1.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk.
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

[joe@localhost ~]$ host uk1.everycloudhost.com ns2.everycloudhost-dns.co.uk.
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

So, maybe we are on to problems that can be solved on the Virtualmin side of things. Is BIND running? Can you query it locally? Is 93.89.140.29 the right address for your Virtualmin system?

Testing if it lets me reply now.

Cool, I’ve just gone ahead onto the virtual server summary; it gives me the ipv4 local address which is different from the external. Is this right or does it need to be changed? I can locally query uk1.everycloudhost.com with the command dig uk1.everycloudhost.com using the DNS 127.0.0.1. It gives me all the DNS records that show the same on the Virtualmin Virtual Server DNS Records.