Webmin/VirtualMin config issues - settings and features seem to be lost

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS 7
Virtualmin version 7.2

Hi All,
A stange issue on one of my VPS’d today running VirtualMin.

I logged into Webmin and the first thing it did was asked me to run the Install Wizard!
This is a server that has been running fine for a good few years, no changes recently that I can think of.

When I try and ‘Re-check and refresh configuration’, it fails at this bit:

The feature Administration user cannot be disabled, as it is used by the following virtual servers : server list here

• … your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin*

I have checked one of the virtual servers and it looks like there are 2 extra settings under Features that I haven’t seen before, these being: Server administrator exists, and Home directory enabled.

I have compared it to another server running virtualmin/webmin, and on that one, under each servers Features, these 2 options don’t appear.

The second thing that I’ve noticed now on this server, is under Features and Plugins, the only thing ticked, is MariaDB. Everything else is unticked! Which is very strange. Apache plus various others should be ticked!

I tried ticking and saving and I get the following error:

Failed to save enabled features : Cannot write to directory /etc/webmin/virtual-server/

When I try and view options under individual virtual servers, all options under Server Configuration etc have gone.

Although, the sites still work correctly from what I can see!

Please can anybody help point me in the right direction to sort this. Its a bit strange and I have no idea what has suddenly caused it.

Thanks,
Craig

@cs10,

Have you recently done any upgrades, run out of disk space or any other type of maintenance or adjustments?

*** Professional, Affordable, Trusted Technical Assistance – tpnAssist.com ***

Hi, thanks very much for the reply.
No, no changes made or no disk space issues.
Very strange.

Luckily, I have a daily backup which contains virtualmin config, so I realised I could restore that on its own, and everything is back as it was!

Scary for a moment! Thank goodness for backups!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.