Webmin SSL certs -- different from dovecot, postfix

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version ubu20.04
Webmin version 2.001

I somehow got my configuration to use different certs/domains for webmin than dovecot/postfix/proftpd, which is what I want. But I don’t remember having to edit /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf manually to do it, or to actually mess with the certs themselves.

But it seems that the cert/ca/key files for webmin (as pointed to in miniserv.conf certfile=, extracas=, and keyfile=) are all in /etc/webmin, and they just expired.

So I tried manually editing(!) /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf to point to /home/domain/ssl.ca, etc, and restarted webmin, but it didn’t work – got actual binary noise in the miniserv.log and a bad SSL connection.

Was there some magic way that I managed to configure webmin (only) to use the certs from a domain other than pushing the “Set as Default Services Certificate” button in the SSL config of the domain I want to use (which would override the dovecot/postfix certs)? Or did I just imagine that I didn’t have to re-copy those certs over to /etc/webmin every three months when they expire?

No response?

How are the ssl files in /etc/webmin maintained?

When you push “Set as Default Services Certificate” or “Copy SSL Certificate to Services”, how does it ever know to renew the cert?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.