Webmin modules unavailable after upgrading to Virtualmin 4.07

On my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS server I have Virtualmin Pro installed. After installing Virtualmin Pro, I cloned the root user as [new-admin]. I checked re-checked to make sure all Webmin modules are allowed for this new Webmin account before deleting root user.

Everything was working fine. I am able to go to Virtualmin menu as [new-admin] and I am able to manage the server with admin privileges. Going to the Webmin menu I am able to do all admin stuff as well. But after applying the Virtualmin Pro upgrade to 4.07, I am no longer able to access any of the Webmin modules. I thought at first it must have something I did initially so I just restored the VPS server from snapshot taken before Virtualmin Pro update 4.07 got installed and was able to regain access to all Webmin modules logged in as [new-admin].

To test it again I went ahead and applied Virtualmin update 4.07 and I am back to not having access to all of my Webmin modules.

What do I need to do to fix this instead of having to restore it from snapshot and not applying the Virtualmin 4.07 update?

• Joe

I went ahead and did another restore from snapshot and tried for third time to install Virtualmin update 4.07. This time I saw this message when it was trying to install Virtualmin update 4.07. Near the end is showed this

grep: Invalid range end
… install complete.

Now updating webmin-virtual-server …
Installing package(s) with command apt-get -y install webmin-virtual-server …
Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
The following packages will be upgraded:
webmin-virtual-server
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 4120 kB of archives.
After this operation, 273 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://software.virtualmin.com/ubuntu/ virtualmin-universal/main webmin-virtual-server all 4.07 [4120 kB]
Fetched 4120 kB in 1s (2590 kB/s)
(Reading database … 152057 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace webmin-virtual-server 4.06 (using …/webmin-virtual-server_4.07_all.deb) …
Unpacking replacement webmin-virtual-server …
Setting up webmin-virtual-server (4.07) …

… install complete.