Webmin 1.870 UI freeze and CPU getting crazy

Hi All,

Since i have upgraded, Webmin to 1.870, I’m experiencing interface freeze either when I’m walking around in the interface, or also each time I’m trying to apply/save a new config in any Webmin/Virtualmin module.
When this happen the loading bar on the top is moving right to left forever(at least for the max 10mins I have waited), and the CPU is doing regular pic at 100%
The left and right panel are still usable but I can’t switch to any other place, the only option I have is to log-out and then log back in again,the UI gets then become back useable for few minutes until it got stuck again…

Also as you’ll see in the screenshot below index_cpu.cgi is always using quite a lot of CPU from 15%-20% constantly.

Here is a screenshot of how it looks:
http://picpaste.com/sOdtn8Io.PNG

Using Webmin Framed them I don’t experience this issue anymore…

Here some details about the server:

Operating system Debian Linux 9
Webmin version 1.870
Virtualmin version 6.01.gpl
Kernel and CPU Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 on x86_64
Processor information Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz, 2 cores
Real memory 366.52 MB used, 5.83 GB total

I have a similar problem - it locks up the browser and heat up my laptop, making the fans go crazy and nothing works. I have to force quit firefox

I did not have this problem in the previous version

it’s running on a freshly installed debian stretch with all updates applied and I’m accessing from remote

how do I run it “framed” or alternately, how do I downgrade?

tia

/tina

Add swap space to your system, or update the theme to the latest dev version. This is a known issue that’s been fixed in git.

We’re rolling a new Webmin in another day or two that’ll address it as well.

What i called the framed theme, is the old standard them, you can switch to this old theme by clicking on the gear , at the bottom left of the main page, then go to change tab and choose the Gray framed theme.

You’ll be probably be a bit surprised by the change, but mostly you have everything you need, until the fix is pushed to the stable authentic theme release.

Other option as stated below is to use the Authentic Dev release, but you have to expect other bugs potential.

hope that help

thanks

I went with framed theme - not pretty, but I actually like that the menus stay down

maybe I’ll just stick with it :slight_smile:

/tina