Webmin 1.490 and Usermin 1.420

Howdy all,

I’ve just rolled out the latest versions of Webmin and Usermin.

Changes in Webmin since 1.480:

  • Catalan, Dutch and Basque translations, thanks to Jaume Badiella, Gandyman and Mireia Lezea respectively.
  • Updated bonding support to use the new format in Debian 5.0, thanks to Caspar Smit.
  • Removed all Perl warnings from the core Webmin library, thanks to Joe Cooper.
  • Many RAID changes thanks to Caspar Smit, including full device support, spare groups, superblock clearing, RAID 6 spares and an option to skip metadata initialization.
  • Better handling for Rsyslog tags in the config file.
  • Logins and logouts to Webmin can now be included in the actions log.
  • Removed code and UI for selecting a Sourceforge mirror, and use their mirror auto-detection instead.
  • Support for setting the hardware clock is now detected automatically on Linux.
  • Many more fixes and new features.

Changes in Usermin since 1.420:

  • Fixed a bug in the format of HTML messages with attached images.
  • Split the read mail preferences page into sections.
  • Updates to the Dutch translation.

As always, if you run into any problems, please file a ticket in the issue tracker.

Whatever you have done in this package, it has reduced my / (36gb RAID 0) footprint to 73% from 94%, so it’s much appreciated.

That prevented me from having to go on yet another massive search and destroy mission to remove unused docs, packages, logs, etc.

Do you think it was the RAID changes? If so, Caspar deserves some serious lovin’!

I am running CentOS 5.3 with all updates and all (but the last) virtualmin updates.

We I try to update to Webmin 1.490 and Usermin 1.420 via “yum update”, I get the following error messages:

[Edit] I put the messages on pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/f460bf1db

Am I doing something wrong or is it a packaging problem?

Dominik,

Run ‘yum clean all’ first, then try again.

MACscr:

It worked, thanks a lot! I should have thought about it myself…

Hi,
After running yum clean all I tried the update to 1.490-1. It looked like it didn’t complete but system information lists the new version.

Now updating webmin …

Installing package(s) with command yum -y install webmin …

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

  • base: mirror.web-ster.com
  • updates: mirrors.easynews.com
  • addons: mirror.5ninesolutions.com
  • extras: mirror.hmc.edu
    Setting up Install Process
    Parsing package install arguments
    Resolving Dependencies
    –> Running transaction check
    —> Package webmin.noarch 0:1.490-1 set to be updated
    –> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size

Updating:
webmin noarch 1.490-1 virtualmin-universal 15 M

Transaction Summary

Install 0 Package(s)
Update 1 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 15 M
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
—screen output stops here

Hi,

Unfortunately this verson of the webmin doesn’t fix this issue - http://www.virtualmin.com/node/10312. I was waiting for this update for 3 months ;-/ From what I see, there are more issues submitted regarding this bug.

Best regards.

Howdy,

Sorry to hear that!

Jamie would be happy to look into that with you. And once the problem is resolved, you can ask for a patch so that you’re able to fix your current version without waiting for a new release.

If you file a bug in the support tracker regarding that, you’ll be able to work with Jamie on resolving it.

-Eric