Webmin 1.360 Problem

Today when I went out to check our server (running CentOS 5), it shows that there is an update for the Webmin 1.360 via the Virtualmin. When telling it to update, it fails. I then did an SSL over to the server and initiate "yum update", I get "Public key for webmin-1.360-1.noarch.rpm is not installed"

I do up a new load for CentOS on the backup equipment, install the current updates, and initiate the current install.sh that is for download. It fails with "Public key for webmin-1.360-1.noarch.rpm is not installed".

Trying to install it with RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 gives the same error for us on a clean install.

Clean install of CentOS5, trying to install fresh virtualmin pro and getting same error:

Public key for webmin-1.360-1.noarch.rpm is not installed ...in progress, please wait... failed. Error (if any): 0

To update, you might get by if you set gpgcheck in /etc/yum.repos.d/virtualmin.repo under the universal heading (last line) to 0. That way it doesn’t check the gpg keys for the webmin package.

I think the same can be done for installing, just need to rename the virtualmin.repo.rpmsave to virtualmin.repo and make the same adjustment. Then re-run install.sh.

Of course, its also possible that the webmin rpm on the virutalmin repo is hacked and we really shouldn’t install it. The signature is there for a reason, after all :slight_smile:

Sorry guys. I’m working on it.

I started resigning the Webmin and Usermin packages as of yesterday, for Mandriva users (urpmi only supports one key per repository). This ordinarily wouldn’t be a problem, but the Webmin and Usermin RPMs are built with a very old version of RPM in order to insure maximal compatibility across nearly all RPM-based distributions…and the signing stuff is broken for 3.x built packages on 4.x. And I only have 4.x versions of RPM here.

Anyway, it will be fixed by tonight.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Should be fixed now. I’m testing it as we speak.

I ended up having to rebuild the Webmin and Usermin RPMs (and belly-ache to Jamie about his older than dirt RPM version).