Webalizer plugin missing

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 11
Webmin version 2.001
Virtualmin version 7.2-1
Related packages webalizer

Newly VPS installation. When I import the VS from the old server the new system complains about the missing plugins. I can find it under webmin/unused plugins and execute the installation.

System fals failermessage: The logfile analysis command /usr/share/webmin/webalizer was not found on your system. Maybe it is not installed, or your [module configuration] is incorrect.

The webalizer folder is present and the module configuration points to the this folder.

As friendly as webmin is, it offers rightaway the possibilty button to install the missing module.

Failuremessage:

Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
Package webalizer is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package ‘webalizer’ has no installation candidate

I found the plugin webalizer.wbm.gz in the repo but this doesn’t work ether.

What can be done?

Thanks for any help or necessary information.

Webalizer has been unmaintained for many years…so, all the distros have dropped it, and necessarily so have we.

We had to drop it in Virtualmin 7 (unmaintained software is not safe to use on a world-facing server, and none of our supported distros have packages in their repos anymore).

It should be possible to restore a backup with a missing feature, though. I’ve asked Jamie and Ilia to chime in here…if it’s not already possible we need to fix it.

Short term, if you need it to work immediately, go to your old system, disable Webalizer feature for that domain and make a new backup.

What error message do you get when you try to restore a backup of a domain with Webalizer enabled?

Hi Jamie & Joe

Thank you very much for your help and thinking.

That’s the message:

Checking contents of the backup …
… found 1 virtual servers

Warning - the following features were enabled in one or more of the domains in the backup, but are not enabled : Webalizer reporting

Without them, some functions of the restored virtual servers may not work.

Your solution for the problem succeeded, message is no more showing after disabling the feature. It is a bit misleading coz the plugin can still be found all over webmin.

When restoring, there’s an option to skip missing features that would also solve this problem…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.