Warnings while installing updates

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Almalinux 9.4
Webmin version 2.111

While installing suggested package updates, I’ve received these warnings:

warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/remi-modular.repo created as /etc/yum.repos.d/remi-modular.repo.rpmnew
warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/remi-safe.repo created as /etc/yum.repos.d/remi-safe.repo.rpmnew
warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/remi.repo created as /etc/yum.repos.d/remi.repo.rpmnew

Can someone help me to understand if it safe to ignore it or shall I must do something?

Thank you so much!

It doesn’t look concerning. It just renamed them for some reason. But that’s just my guess.

1 Like

These warnings indicate that there were new versions of repository configuration files available on the installed package. These files have been saved with a .rpmnew suffix to avoid overwriting existing repository configuration files.

This usually happens when the package manager detects that the configuration files installed on your system have been modified or are different from the default versions provided by the latest update.

To be honest, watching beetween the files via sftp, I do have the corrisponding files uploaded on May 8th (I guess the day of the huge update of packages at least for Almalinux) and today May 13th) was again available a new number of packages (34) all related to repo and php 8.x but there is no reasons to modify any. BTW except the warn messages, everything works.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.